Terms & Conditions
- Second Life® Updates: While all our items are tested fully before release in Second Life®, we cannot guarantee that any future changes that are made to the Second Life® world will allow our items to continue to work as they should. Past Second Life® updates have made us all too aware of this fact. By using our items, you agree that you are aware of current changes affecting the grid and also those that may or may not affect our items. No refunds will be given to items damaged by Linden Lab, although we may seek to update your item. You may email any changes you feel have effected our items to the email address in the creators' profile.
- Second Life® Common Sense: By purchasing an item from Space Bums you agree that you are competent enough to navigate the Second Life® virtual environment and client. We support our items directly, but we will ignore messages from people asking to help them navigate the edit window or to control the most basic functionality of the Second Life® or its client. You are expected to be competent enough to, Open boxes, Transfer items from delivery boxes to inventory and vice-versa, Search your inventory for “Recent Items," Read note cards and other information resources provided including hot help on-screen information. Control Second Life® to basic requirements explained during your Orientation Island sessions. Check your transaction history. View the Second Life® (http://blog.secondlife.com/), for any outstanding issues affecting residents.
- Refunds: We will gladly refund you within fourteen days of a purchase at the shop on TRANSFERABLE items only. Simply include all parts of the item when returning it to us. Please ensure that you arrange for a time that the item can be collected by first contacting the creator of the item. Please wait until you receive confirmation before sending items back. Also please include any transaction numbers. Furthermore, a brief note as to why you wish to return the item. No refunds will be given on NON TRANSFERABLE items. All items must be returned in their original packaging. Do not send multiple items, please place all parts into a single box prim prior to returning it to us.
- Permissions: When you make a purchase with Space Bums, the purchase price permits you to use our content in the Second Life® grid only. You do not own the content nor rights to any included textures, scripts, sound files, note card or any other file type within our products. Many of the items you see for sale in Second Life® have a "NextOwner" permission flag. You agree that upon purchase of our items, that you will be limited in your ability to use these items as defined under these permissions. Sometimes you will see items sold as MOD, COPY, TRANSFER enabled. For a detailed guide on what these permissions mean, please press F1 from within your Second Life® client for the latest most up to date information on using your Second Life® client software. It is your responsibility to understand what permissions mean prior to any purchase of our items, as in some cases no refunds will be given for non transferable items. Space Bums will not perform a transfer of use of any of our items to your friends or alt avatars. Next owner permissions of listed items will not be modified after purchase.
- Usage & Misusage Of Items: Space Bums reserve the right to remove your avatar key from future updates of our items or totally remove your ability to use a currently owned item, if we have evidence that you have not complied with our usage terms. This measure will only normally be enforced when a user tries to circumvent the permission system of Second Life® to clone or replicate one of our items, or in cases where a Space Bums item is being used to consistently harass another resident or limit their Second Life® experience.
- Gift Coupons: Unfortunately, we do not exchange coupons for Linden dollars. Coupons normally come free with our items and entitle you to a single random gift. You may transfer your coupon to a friend to use if you wish. To successfully use your coupon, you must first teleport to our shop here and then wear it. Once a coupon has been used, it will turn the colour red and cannot be used again. Simply delete any used coupons from your inventory.
- Legal: Space Bums is not responsible for any loss or damages you suffer as a result of successfully or unsuccessfully making purchase of our items. It is the residents responsibility to ensure that on making a purchase or using our items, that, all info and/or documentation has been fully understood. This includes information related to but not limited to, next owner permissions, sale prices, usage guides and refunds. The resident also agrees that Space Bums will not be held accountable for any issues relating to the performance (or lack there of) the Second Life® "grid" or any of our effected items.
- Item Updates: You agree that your access to free future updates for items that you may have bought from us, is at our discretion. We reserve the right to limit your access to our update servers as we see fit. You may not be able to receive updates if our content creation account has been removed by Linden Lab, or the update server has been replaced or removed. No refunds will be given to those that are unable to access our update servers. Your time of purchase payment is for the product version number at the time of purchase only. If your access to our update servers has been revoked, and you wish to use a later version of the item you paid for in the past, you will need to buy a new copy of the item.
- Terms And Conditions: We reserve the right to change or update these terms & conditions from time to time. Any changes to our terms and conditions will be communicated to you via Support Group announcements or visible information inside the Second Life® world. In the event that you refuse these terms and conditions, you are advised that you should not make any transactions or further use our items and that we may (in extreme circumstances) limit your access to make transactions, suspend or terminate usage of your currently owned items.