I am from Kolkata (Calcutta), India. Currently, I am working as a postdoc research associate with the Data Science at Scale team of Los Alamos National Laboratory. Here I am working on multiple DOE funded extreme-scale data analytics projects with Dr. Roxana Bujack, Dr. Ayan Biswas, and Dr. James Ahrens. I obtained my Ph.D. from the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at The Ohio State University in May 2018. At Ohio State, I worked under the supervision of Dr. Han-Wei Shen in the Gravity (GRAphics & VIsualization sTudY) research group. Before joining Ohio State, I completed my B. Tech. in Electronics and Communication Engineering from West Bengal University of Technology, Kolkata, India. During my undergraduate years, I worked under of Dr. Bidyut B. Chaudhuri and Dr. Madhurima Chattopadhyay.
(1) Large-scale data analysis and visualization; (2) Statistical data summarization and analysis; (3) In situ data analysis, visualization, and feature exploration; (4) Uncertainty analysis and visualization; (5) Time-varying, multivariate data analysis and visualization.
M.S. & Ph.D.
Computer Graphics and Visualization
The Ohio State University
2011 - 2018
Electronics and Communication Engineering
West Bengal University of Technology
- Teaching assistant for Real Time Rendering
- Teaching assistant for Introduction to database
- Lab Instructor for Modeling and problem solving with spreadsheets and databases
Program Committee Member:
- International Conference on Applications and Systems of Visual Paradigms (VISUAL 2017, 2018)
- IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics (TVCG)
- IEEE Visualization (IEEEVis)
- ACM Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI)
- EG/VGTC Conference on Visualization (EuroVis)
- IEEE Pacific Visualization Symposium (PacificVis)
- Elsevier Knowledge-based Systems
- IEEE Symposium on Large Data Analysis and Visualization (LDAV)
- China Visualization Conference (ChinaVis)
- International Journal of Computers and Applications
- International Conference on Applications and Systems of Visual Paradigms (VISUAL)
- CSE 5559: High Performance Visualization for Large-Scale Scientific Data Analytics by Prof. Han-Wei Shen. Here are some outputs.
- CSE 6332: Advanced Algorithms by Prof. Anastasios (Tasos) Sidiropoulos
- CSE 6441: Parallel Computing by Prof. P. Sadayappan
- CSE 5441: Introduction to Parallel Computing by Prof. P. Sadayappan.
- CSE 6321: Computability and Complexity by Prof. Luis Rademacher.
- CSE 5542: Real Time Rendering by Prof. Han-Wei Shen. Here are some outputs.
- CSE 5544: Visualization by Prof. Raghu Machiraju.
- CSE 775: Computer Systems Architecture by Prof. Christopher Charles Stewart
- CSE 784: Geometric Modelling by Prof. Tamal Dey. Here are some outputs of different geometric modeling algorithms.
- CSE 755: Programming Languages by Prof. Neelam Soundarajan
- CSE 760: Advanced Operating Systems by Prof. Feng Qin
- CSE 780: Analysis of Algorithms by Prof. Yusu Wang.
- CSE 681: Introduction to Computer Graphics by Prof. Han-Wei Shen. Here are some outputs of my ray tracer.
- Programming Language: C/C++, Python, PL/SQL.
- Graphics Programming Technologies/Software: OpenGL, GLSL, VTK, ParaView, Qt.
- Other relevant software: Matlab, R-Studio, OpenCV.
- Operating Systems: Unix/Linux, Windows.