Southern California Garage Door Experts
Among the many ways we try to protect our homes and keep it safe, one way is to keep the garage safe. Yes, most of us often do not consider the safety of the garage and are casual about it. But contrary to this, a garage is one place or part of the house which needs a lot of maintenance, care and proper safety measures. If your Southern California garage door is not working properly, then that might prove as a threat to the safety of your vehicle. Thus it is really important for you to opt for professional services and get your door repaired as soon as you can.
The following are some of the ways through which a professional garage door repair service provider can keep your vehicles and home safe:
• The services providers have expertise of repairing door openers and torsion springs, which means that your garage will no longer be at a threat of easy unwanted entry. After getting the openers repaired, you can be rest assured that the door won't open without your attempt to open it and hence will remain secure.
• Another way in which a professional service provider or garage door service provider can make your home or residential premises more secure is by installation of safety sensors. These safety sensors detect unwanted or forced entry and inform the owner of the garage about it.
• Garage door repair service providers also install and repair your remote controlled doors and this is another way your garage and the vehicles parked inside can remain safe and secure at all times. Having a remote controlled mechanism means that intruders won't be able to open the door in any other way and only you, with the remote control will have access to it. So if you are worried about the safety of your garage or home, you must too contact a garage door service company now to avail these wonderful benefits.
• Professional companies have a lot of expertise at installing all necessary anti-burglar equipments and hence make your home and garage absolutely 'theft proof'. Once you hire a service provider or an opener installer, you won't ever have to worry about the security of your home, even when you are out of the home or city for a few days. The advanced equipments and technology make it possible for you to avoid any kind of outsider entry or intrusion.
So what are you waiting for? It is time you started paying as much attention to your garage and its door as you do to the other parts of the house.
Garage door repair is something all Southern California homeowners have to deal with at some point in time. Understanding the common problems you may face can make it easier to explain the issue to the technician when he or she arrives. It can also help you understand what the service technician is doing to fix the problem.
1. You Push the Button, but It Does not Close
Modern garage door openers have built-in sensors that feel the resistance on the hatch. If there is a broken spring or hinge, then mechanics will not try to pull the chain. In some instances, the opener is the problem. Only a qualified technician can diagnose the issue.
2. You Can Hear the Opener Running, but Nothing Happens
Openers wear out over time, and the gears are usually the first thing to go. If these gears are stripped, they cannot move the chain, which raises and lowers the hatch. In some cases, you can replace the gears. In others, you have no choice but to replace the entire system.
3. You Have a Kick Out Door and Want It Repaired
You may find some technicians in SOCAL or Fire Island who are willing to fix your one-piece door, better known as a kick out. However, as these are outdated systems, they are unsafe. While yours may seem to be in decent working condition, you should have it replaced with a newer, safer model.
4. The Hatch Opens Stiffly and Makes Noise
Noisy garage doors are a common problem. Your garage door repair technician will first replace the rollers in order to solve the problem. Most companies use plastic rollers that wear out. When having them replaced, you should ask for low-resistance rollers. This model works smoother and is lower maintenance than traditional options. They are worth the additional cost.
5. You Have an Old Opener and Want It Replaced
If your opener is not working properly, you may wonder if it has to be replaced. Your garage door repair technician will be able to look at your equipment and make a determination about whether they have the parts needed to fix the problem without replacing the entire unit. However, in the interest of safety, if your old system does not have a safety beam, you need to exchange it for a newer system.
6. The Rollers Are Out of the Track and It's Pulling the Door
This is actually a very common garage door repair issue. There are several different reasons why this could happen. Your rollers could be so worn out that they work their way out of the track. Sometimes the track itself has been bent or is obstructed by something within the room. Other times, the large springs at the top are broken and cause the panels to pull off track.
One of the most overlooked causes is when you've accidentally hit a panel with your vehicle. The damage may look insignificant. However, if left unrepaired, over time it will pull the panel off track. Thankfully, the solution is relatively easy to fix, and it can be repaired.