Soaring Spirits Regional Group
California Central Coast/North SLO County
WELCOME! Soaring Spirits provides widowed people with the chance to meet socially, and to create a local community of widowed friends through our Regional Social Group program. Groups are led by our volunteer facilitators who plan meetings twice a month in their geographical area. Our group is run by widowed people--we've been there, we get it and we care.
Our meetings are focused on assisting widowed men and women in rebuilding their social structure post-loss. We don’t provide any presented content, and all of our meetings are held in easily accessible public locations. Our aim is to assist widowed people in getting back out into the world, with a group of understanding friends by their sides! Check out our calendar of events and join us. Simply let your facilitator know you will attend, and come enjoy an enjoyable outing with new friends.
SOARING SPIRITS RESOURCES
RESOURCES - There are many resources available to help support you as you walk this journey. Here are some. Watch this page, as we will continue building our resource library.
- Soaring Spirits International - Check out the many programs they offer to help support widowed people on their grief journey.
- Camp Widow - offered three times yearly. (Summer - San Diego; Fall - Toronto; Spring - Tampa) During the course of the weekend, people obtain both practical tools and relevant resources designed for widowed persons rebuilding their lives. Mark your calendars for July - Camp Widow will be in San Diego!
- Widowed Village Forum - online community from the comfort of your home. 24/7 chat, forums for deeper discussion, and many other services.
- Widowed Pen Pal - this program will match you with a one-on-one supportive email correspondence. It is designed for those who would rather correspond than join a group forum. This program will connect widowed people who are similar in age and time since loss.
- A TO Z HEALING TOOLBOX, Susan Hannifin-MacNab
- ANXIETY: THE MISSING STAGE OF GRIEF, Claire Bidwell Smith (NEW)
- EMBRACING LIFE AFTER LOSS, Allen Klein (NEW)
- GRIEF DAY BY DAY, Jan Warner
- GRIEF PRACTICE, Monique Minahan (NEW)
- GRIEVING WITH HOPE, Samuel Hodges
- GUIDED IMAGERY FOR THE THREE STAGES OF HEALING TRAUMA, Belleruth Naparstek, Health Journeys (NEW)
- GUIDED MEDITATIONS TO HELP WITH ANXIETY & PANIC, Belleruth Naparstek, Health Journeys (NEW)
- GUIDED MEDITATIONS FOR POSTRAUMATIC STRESS - HEALING TRAUMA, Belleruth Naparstek, Health Journeys (NEW)
- HEALING AFTER LOSS, Martha Hickman
- HEALTHY HEALING, Michele Steinke-Baumgard
- IT'S OK THAT YOU'RE NOT OK, Megan Devine
- MY HUSBAND IS NOT A RAINBOW, Kelley Lynn Shepherd
- ON GRIEF AND GRIEVING, Elizabeth Kubler-Ross & David Kessler (NEW)
- PERMISSION TO MOURN, Tom Zuba (NEW)
- SECOND FIRSTS, Christina Rasmussen
- THE MEDIOCRE WIDOW, Catherine Tidd
- WHEN YOUR SOULMATE DIES, Alan Wolfelt
- WIDOWS GUIDE TO HEALING, Kristin Meekhof
- WIDOW'S MIGHT, Kim Knight
- Nora McInerny - Ted Talk - "We don't "move on" from grief. We move forward with it."
- Remembering the Love, Releasing the Pain
- Grief and Journaling
- Loved Ones Belongings
- Videos from David Kessler (variety of topics)
- The Essentials of Self-Care
- From Widow to Warrior - Transforming Pain Into Purpose, Passion and Power (A series of video sessions by various presenters)
- When Someone You Love Dies, There Is No Such Thing as Moving On (Ted Talk, Kelley Lynn)