SUPERNet Virtual School Registration
Current Registration Information
Steps for Enrolling in Virtual School
Open free of charge to all students in SUPERNet Districts
Course costs are paid through membership fees
TxVSN students must first register through the TxVSN Network before you will be allowed in SUPERNet Courses.
Print the directions below so that you can follow them as you follow links away from this page. Underlined words are active links, but if your browser does not respond, copy and paste the URL in parentheses into your browser.
Students will be using a SUPERNet issued Google email account to communicate with the director and instructor.
2. Logging in to email (new procedure since summer 2018)
- Go to google.com (if you are already logged into a Google account, log out of it)
- Click Sign in
- Your Username is email@example.com (Example firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Your Initial password is supernet
- ***ATTENTION WHITE OAK STUDENTS*** You will use your current White Oak Student account- you do not need a new account.
- After you login, you will be forced to change your password.
- Write your password down for use throughout the semester.
- Once you are sure this account is working, you may continue the registration
process. Use only this account to communicate with teachers and staff of SUPERNet Virtual School.
3. You will be taking your class on a system called "MOODLE". This is a separate system than Google. Google is only for email. You will register for and complete the General Orientation class.
- Follow the link (https://moodle.sprnet.org/).
- Click on the small "login" button in the upper right corner. Under "Is this your first time here" click on "Create a New Account" Register yourself.
- When it asks for your email address, use your google email address that is assigned to you for this course. You will use email@example.com. If you do not give your Google email address, you will not be sent the confirmation email and then you will not be able to complete the confirmation step.
- Be sure to remember the username and password that you select for yourself.
- You will be sent a confirmation email to your Google email account. If you do not go back into Google and confirm that the account belongs to you, you will not be able to sign in to Moodle when you return to it. This step sometimes causes a problem. If you are not receiving the confirmation email, please email firstname.lastname@example.org right away.
4. After registering your new Moodle account enroll yourself in the Orientation course.
5. Complete the orientation course, following the directions.
- Once you complete the Orientation, you will then be admitted into your class (There is an email that you must send Dr. Crawford (email@example.com) in order for you to complete orientation. She will place you in class once she receives the correct email from you. It is not automatic.
- YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO ENTER YOUR CLASS UNTIL YOU COMPLETE ORIENTATION.
- If you attempt to register for a particular class before completing the Orientation, it will tell you that it is unenrollable.
If you have taken a course with us before in the last year, you do not have to complete orientation again. However, you must email me- firstname.lastname@example.org and let me know that you are a returning student, what course you took before, and what course you now need.
Who to contact for help:
- Debi Crawford - Director- (903) 520-5207; email@example.com
- Scott Floyd - Tech Director- (903) 291-2220; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Patricia Maddox - SUPERNet Coordinator- (903) 738-1531; email@example.com