The purpose of this web-platform is to keep our 2017-2018 Confirmation Teens, Parents and Sponsors connected and up-to-date on Confirmation News and Events as well as to catch up on missed meetings, find and submit assignments, and register for retreats or service opportunities.
*Students must have completed their sophomore year, been Baptized, received First Eucharist and completed all the prerequisites to be eligible to enter St. Mary Teen Confirmation Summer Program.
Welcome to St. Mary of the Immaculate Conception
Teen Confirmation Summer Program
Confirmation completes the Sacraments of Initiation (Baptism, Confirmation, Eucharist). In this sacrament, the Holy Spirit becomes fully active in our hearts and lives.
Confirmation prep at St. Mary of the Immaculate Conception is a journey of community, friendship, prayer, discernment and service where together we explore how Jesus invites us to live our Christian lives to the fullest.
CONFIRMATION Prerequisites -
- Schedule Your "Check-In" with the Confirmation Director to discuss the Confirmation preparation process. (Schedule released November)
- Attend Weekly Mass
- Liturgical Service, 6PM Youth Mass (i.e., Lector, Usher, Greeter, Altar Server,Youth Band)
- Attend (2) Semesters of Encounter H.S. Youth Group (only 2 absences allowed per semester)
- Ministry Discipleship ╬ Rock, ╬ Blast, ╬ Edge (6 Sessions)
- Service Hours (40 hrs) * At least 10 hrs need to be dedicated to Liturgical Service
- Attend one Youth Retreat
- Must have completed sophomore year or after
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
CONFIRMATION Expectations -
- Attend Weekly Mass
- Invite a Sponsor to journey with you
- Liturgical Service, 6PM Youth Mass (i.e., Lector, Usher, Greeter, Altar Server, Youth Band)
- Attend all (8) Confirmation Summer Sessions
- Complete Assignments on this site (submit via Dropbox);
- Attend specified Confirmation Retreat. Registration fee to be announced at a later time.
- Schedule your One-on-One, 15 minute meeting with Confirmation Director and/or Pastor (Sign-up Genius)
- Participate in the Sacrament of Reconciliation at least once a year and before the celebration of the Sacrament of Confirmation.
- Participate with Sponsor in Day Retreat, Confirmation Rehearsal and Confirmation Ceremony
NOTE: Advance notice is imperative if unable to attend a Confirmation session or event.
- If a session is missed, make-up work will be required. (watch the online video(s) of chapter and submit summary via Dropbox)
- If 3 sessions are missed the teen must have a meeting with the Pastor and Director of Confirmation to discuss Confirmation readiness
Confirmation Summer program meets Sunday afternoon from 3:30 PM to 5:30 PM, June through July, prior to the 6:00 PM Youth Mass. Please take notice of special events as dates and times may be different. For your convenience, please view the calendar below and "important dates" for details. Dates and times are subject to change.
All assignments/forms listed below are to be submitted via Dropbox on or before the due dates.
- 06/03/18 - Rite of Welcoming @ 6:00 pm Mass (Confirmandi & Sponsor)*
- 06/05/18 - Parent Meeting @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- 06/05/18 - Baptism Certificate due (copy via Dropbox)
- 07/01/18 - Confirmation Sponsor & Reflection
- 07/22/18 - Day Retreat from 10:00 am - 7:00 pm (Confirmandi & Sponsor & Parent)*
- 07/22/18 - Rite of Enrollment @ 6:00pm Mass (Confirmandi & Sponsor)*
- 07/29/18 - Confirmation Name & Reflection
- 09/21 - 9/23 - Confirmation Retreat
- 09/30/18 - Resurrection Project
- 09/30/18 - Service Reflection(s)
- 09/30/18 - 10/14/18 - One-on-One Meeting (Sign-up Genius)
- 10/07/18 - Letter to Fr. Fred Riccio
- 10/18/18 - Confirmation Rehearsal @ 6:30 pm (Confirmandi & Sponsor)*
- 10/20/18 - Confirmation Ceremony @ 10:00 am (Confirmandi & Sponsor)*
>> Ceremony will start promptly at 10:00 am in the church. Sponsors and Confirmandi need to arrive by 9:15 am at F.F. Bldg.<<
*Sponsors are encouraged to attend on these dates with their Confirmandi. If Sponsor is unable to attend, a proxy may stand in on their behalf.