Class Schedule for 10/14-10/18
Monday - Work on show segments.
Tuesday - Work on show segments. 10/15 Show segment due.
If you are not working on a segment, up to 6 students need to go to the studio for Camera Level 1 training.
Thursday - Shoot the show.
Friday - Work on show segments.
Each show segment should be 20-30 seconds long with a voiceover, music, 4-6 images, video clips, or both.
Weekly assignment due every Tuesday: Create a segment for the broadcast and a graphic for the monitors for your segment. You can work in groups of 1-2 and more with permission only.
Things you need to know:
- Uploading to Google Drive.
- Sharing audio in Garageband (making an .mp3)
- Logging into The Server from the sound rooms.
- Show segment editing
- To make it into a movie in Final Cut: File>Share>Master File
Login for Canva.com
Canva: login: email@example.com
The broadcasting course is where students learn how to create broadcasts from the ground up. This is a hands-on production class where students create the school's announcement show as well as work the live sports broadcasts.
Grades will be determined by the following course requirements:
Show segments - students create one show segment per week in teams of 2 or 3.
Some examples: a game highlight, a movie review, an activity slideshow or video, an advertisement for a school event or function, a music review, a game review, or any segment agreed upon by the class.
Show Production - the segments of the show will be assembled into a show. Students will be members of groups of 10 students to produce a show every week, meaning there will be three shows a week.
This is a new course this year. Students can get 5 units of credit per semester for working the weekly sports and theater broadcasts or for creating a show or podcast after school. Intership 101 students are also eligible to take 6th period off. Talk to Mr. Farley if you are interested.
Possible Internship 101 projects:
- Join the sports broadcasting team to stream SLHS sporting events.
- Yes We Can! Podcast. This is a podcast on gender equity and equality with students from Encinal High School and SLAM.
- eSports game competition and broadcasting. We are building eSports teams and Twitch game broadcasting teams.
- SLTalk be on the cast and crew of SLTalk, a talk show about all things San Leandro.