February 3, 2018
Heat Sheets for the 5A State Championship Meet
January 26, 2018
Congratulations to Skyline's Men's and Women's teams for clinching 1st Place at the Region Championship Swim Meet!!!
Way to go Eagles!!!
January 18, 2018
5A State Championship Meet Information
December 21, 2017
Congratulations to both the Skyline Swimming Girls team and Skyline Swimming Boys team for winning 1st place at the District Championship meet!!!
Way to go Eagles!
December 14, 2017
Just a reminder that St George Travel Consent forms are DUE TOMORROW!
Please turn in your form to Coach Joe or the Booster box.
December 11, 2017
A few pieces of information....
St. George - Please turn in your consent form to join the team on the St George trip.... due this Friday, 12/15! Please refer to Friday's email for more information about the trip.
District Championship Meet - 12/21
- Teams participating: Cottonwood, Cyprus, Granger, Hunter, Kearns, Olympus, Skyline, Taylorsville
- Warm-ups start at 2:00pm
- Meet starts at 3:30pm
Arrive EARLY because there is limited seating!
All teams are required to staff 1 lane for the duration of the meet. Since this is a longer meet, we need 4 parents to time (2 parents time first half of the meet, 2 parents time last half of the meet). Timing at this meet will ensure one of the best seats in the house!!! If you are able to time, please email me.
- District medals awarded 1st-6th place for individual events
- District medals awarded 1st-3rd place for relay teams
- District plaque for 1st place team awards for boys and girls
Winter Break Moratorium
Friday 12/22 no practice
Saturday 12/23 no practice
Monday 12/25 no practice
Tuesday 12/26 no practice
Wednesday 12/27 practice 7-9am
Thursday 12/28 practice 7-9am
Friday 12/29 practice 7-9am
Saturday 12/30 practice 7-9am
Monday 1/1 no practice
December 7, 2017
CONGRATULATIONS to Coach Joe for receiving Preps Utah girls team Coach of the Week!!!
We're so lucky to call him our own!
WAY TO GO Coach Joe!!!
November 30, 2017
- December 2, Sports Psychologist - Hillary Israelson will meet with swimmers as a group this Saturday following morning practice from 9:00-10:15ish. Please plan to have your swimmer stay for this session as it will be focused on mental toughness - a life skill that can be applied to not only swimming, but school work, jobs, and so much more.
- December 2, Movie Night - This Saturday, 12/2, the team will gather for Movie Night from 6:30 - 9:00pm @ Brittney Hackett's home. Movie snacks provided by the Boosters. Thank you Kristen & Ryan Hackett for welcoming the swimmers into your home for a fun evening!
- Extra Swim Caps - We have a supply of Skyline silicone caps ($10) and Skyline latex caps ($5) in Joe's office. If you would like to purchase an extra cap or replace one that has torn, please have your swimmer speak to Coach Joe. He cannot accept $$ (district rules), but your swimmer can put the $$ directly in the Booster box and get a cap.
- Team Posters - We are waiting for the posters to come back from the print shop. We will distribute posters and bumper stickers to people who ordered them (hopefully within the next few days!)
- Meet Results - Meet results are posted on the Skyline Swimming website as soon as possible following each meet..... Meet Results. The Top 50 times are updated regularly so that your swimmer can see where they are for purposes of qualifying for State and Region Championship meets. Coach Joe also prints Top 50 times and puts them on the bulletin board in the pool area. UHSAA allows each team to compete in up to 14 meets during the season so times change quickly and they are getting faster and faster. Keep an eye on the competition!
- Tuesday 12/5 - HOME .... Skyline vs. Murray, 3:30pm
- Thursday 12/7 - AWAY .... Skyline vs. West, 3:30pm
- Tuesday 12/12 - HOME .... Skyline vs. East, 3:30pm
- Friday 12/15 - AWAY .... Skyline vs Park City, 3:00pm
- Thursday 12/21 - AWAY ..... District Championship Meet at Olympus, tbd (last year the meet started at 1:30)
- Thank you to all our awesome parents who rally to make Saturday breakfast, provide bus snacks, and volunteer at meets..... SKYLINE SWIM PARENTS ROCK! Please be sure to turn in your receipts for reimbursement if you haven't already done so.
- We can still use some parent volunteers at meets.... please sign-up online if you're available to help. Swim Meet volunteers
November 14, 2017
Skyline vs Highland
3:30pm at Fairmont Aquatic Center
October 8, 2017
Sports Psychologist - We hope the swimmers enjoyed meeting with our Sports Psychologist, Hillary Israelson, yesterday after morning practice. We had a fantastic turnout!!! Swimmers learned about the team goals and set-up their individual goals for the season. They also participated in a team exercise.... be sure to ask them about it! Thank you to all the parents who made this possible through Booster donations. We're looking forward to inviting Hillary to meet with swimmers again.... next session theme will be on mental toughness when our bodies are tired from all the training!
Team Suits - Your swimmer received his/her team suit during morning practice yesterday. If your swimmer did not receive their team suit at practice yesterday, please come to the pool building right after school on Monday to pick-up your suit. Suits should be worn to team pictures and meets only.
Gear - We will be picking up the gear this week from SportsDen. I heard that the hoodies look fantastic! We're super excited to get the gear distributed as quickly as possible. Watch your email for more information.....
Tuesday October 10th - College/Testing Day
No morning practice. Due to the adjusted school schedule for all students on Tuesday, October 10th, there will be no morning practice. Please follow the directions on when to report to class based on your student's grade as outlined in Ms Tierney's email.
Saturday October 14th - Team Pictures @ 7:00am
Please have your swimmer arrive to Saturday practice WITH THEIR TEAM SUIT for the team picture! Thank you to Jon Diaz for being our team photographer!
Saturday October 14th - Progressive Dinner @ 6:00pm
All swimmers are invited and encouraged to participate in the progressive dinner. More information to follow in a separate email. Please have your swimmer sign-up for this fun event - the sign-up sheet is on Coach Joe's door.
Thank you to so many parents for volunteering to support the team. It's fun to be involved with other parents, and volunteering helps show support of our kids.... THANK YOU to our wonderful parents!
If you'd still like to sign-up, please access our team's sign-up sheets on www.signupgenius.com, or email us.
Please remember to send in your Booster membership forms this week!!! We have wonderful activities for all swimmers to participate in this season, including the upcoming progressive dinner. If you know of a business that would like to sponsor our team, please let us know. All donations are greatly appreciated!
Save the Date.... Friday November 3rd
Our first home meet against Carbon High School from Price, Utah.
October 6, 2017
There are many opportunities for parents to be involved with the Swim Team this season.
Our most critical volunteer need is running home swim meets. Without officials and timers, our swimmer’s races will not count for the Region Championship meet and State Championship meet.
There are many opportunities to help – it may be packaging snacks for bus treats from your own home, collecting bios of our swimmers for meet programs, timing, or being on deck during meets officiating. There’s a volunteer job for everyone!
If you are able to help, but don’t see something on the sign-up pages, please email us. We’ll gladly find a spot for you to be involved! This list is not inclusive of all the volunteer opportunities but represent positions that we need to fill early on in the season.
Thank you for demonstrating support of your swimmer and the team!
Swim Meet Volunteers http://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090f44aba823a1ff2-swim
Saturday Breakfast Volunteers http://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0b49a8a6238-saturday
Senior Meet Volunteers http://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090f44aba823a1ff2-senior
Many thanks to the following families who have paid their membership dues for the Skyline Swim Team Booster Club!
Ben & Alex Tward
Collin & Juliana Van Hook
Our Swim Team has 75 families, representing 82 swimmers. During the season, the Booster Club provides Saturday breakfast, bus snacks, fun social activities (kickball party with pizza, progressive dinner, and more!) senior recognition night, region celebration, pizza party following the State Championship meet, and so much more! Our proposed budget for the 2017-18 season spends $182 per swimmer. If you have not yet joined the Booster Club, please consider all of the great things your swimmer will experience during the season.
These activities are only possible if we have contributions from our swim families and friends.
We recognize that not all families will be able to join at the Gold membership level, but any contribution is valued and appreciated.
Checks for Membership should be made payable to Skyline Swim Team Booster Club. The form and check can be turned in to the Booster box in Joe's office.
Our goals is to complete our membership drive by Monday, October 16th. We want to have banners up at the pool before our first home meet in early November.
October 4, 2017
Roster: The Varsity / JV Rosters are on the website. Click the roster tab in the navigation bar, or click here.
Sports Psychologist: We are excited that we have a Sports Psychologist who has partnered with our team and will be working with our swimmers this Saturday (thank you Boosters!). Our consultant has been working with athletes since 2009. See your email from the Boosters for more information!
Saturday Practice: Our first mandatory Saturday practice of the season is this week, Saturday October 7th at 7:00am. Following practice, the Boosters are organizing breakfast for all swimmers - thank you Julie Bills and Heather Peters for coordinating! Following breakfast, we will have an hour long session with our sports psychologist. We recommend your swimmer stay for this great information session - she will be speaking with the swimmers (as a group) and then there will be an activity for all swimmers to participate. Plan to pick-up your swimmer from the pool at ~10:15.
Progressive Dinner: Saturday October 14th from 6-8:30pm. More information to follow.
We Have Lift Off!.... The season is just getting started, and we have so many more great things planned to support the teams goals:
- Foster team unity & team chemistry
- Promote an environment of hard-work, dedication & determination
- Highlight "personal bests"
- Have a fun season that create long-lasting memories
Watch your email for more information about Booster Club membership and volunteers we'll need throughout the season for various events.
September 25, 2017
In order for your swimmer to participate in tryouts, he/she must have submitted all of the required information and be 'cleared for tryouts' on the Register My Athlete website.
Mandatory fees have been added to student accounts. You are required to pay these fees before tryouts. You can go online to the Skyline Webstore or pay in person at the Skyline front office. If you have questions about the items, please refer back to the Parent Presentation that outlines the fees.
Immediately following tryouts, the Senior parents are hosting a pasta dinner fundraiser. All swimmers, parents, grandparents and siblings are invited and encouraged to attend. We are requesting a small donation of $5/per person for dinner. 100% of the money raised for dinner will be used to pay for assistant coaches.
There will be a parent and swimmer Q&A session, and our captains will welcome the new swimmers to the team. Please plan to attend!
PASTA DINNER INVITE
September 20, 2017
Thanks to all who attended the Parent Meeting last night. We had a great turnout and covered a ton of material.
If you missed the meeting, please review the Parent Meeting Presentation, which includes all the information you need to know about tryouts, practice schedules, important dates, booster club membership, mandatory team fees, and more.
The Booster Club is ready to support our coaches and swimmers but we need your financial support. This year, our proposed budget spends $182 per swimmer - this includes 14 Saturday breakfasts during the entire season, bus snacks for away meets, progressive dinner, social events, 3 team sessions with a Sports Psychologist, funding for 2 assistant coaches, and more. Show your support by joining the Booster Club. Complete the Booster Club Membership Form and submit it to the Booster Club box in Coach Joe's office in the swim building.
Please focus on getting your swimmer(s) registration completed on Register My Athlete.
Tryouts are Monday, October 2nd. Your swimmer needs to get his/her forms uploaded to Register My Athlete, or turned in to the main office (or to Coach Joe) before Oct 2nd to be cleared for tryouts. Please make copies of your forms before turning them in.
If your swimmer has not already joined the Captain GroupMe text message board, please consider having them join. The Captain's disseminate important information about practice schedule changes on an almost real-time basis. Have your swimmer contact a Captain for more information or need help being added.
Parents, we will keep you up-to-date through email and texts. We want to give you the information you need but don't want to flood your inbox. If you have any questions, please do not hesistate to let us know.
Thanks again for your support and for having great kids who want to swim for Skyline.
It's going to be a great season!