Seated Volleyball Rules and Fixtures
Seated Volleyball Rules and Regulations
SKY Sports Fiesta Competition Regulations
1. Seated Volleyball will be played in a SINGLE KNOCK-OUT format.
2. Each class can submit a team of SIX players. Each team competes with SIX players (preferably teams with mixed gender).
3. All teams must report to the teacher-in-charge at least 10 minutes before the start of their game.
4. A MINIMUM of FOUR players is required to start a match. A walk-over will be given to the opposing team if the minimum number of players is not present.
5. The players of both teams should be the same, i.e. 5v5, 4v4 (fair play).
6. All players must be properly attired for each game, ie PE attire (class t-shirt allowed)
7. The referee’s decision is final.
8. Disciplinary action will be taken on players who display undesirable behaviour.
9. Any changes to the team should be communicated to the teacher-in-charge prior to the start of the competition. Changes made mid-way through the competition are NOT allowed.
Basic Rules of the game
1. Played by two teams of SIX players.
2. Teams aim to hit a ball over a net and land it within the opposition's court.
3. Teams have three passes, to form an attacking play, before the ball has to go over the net.
4. Seated Volleyball requires players to maintain contact between their pelvis (buttocks) and the floor at all times.
5. When shifting position quickly, players are required to have a minimum of 3 points of contact with the floor.
6. Service goes to the team that wins the point.
7. Points scored by girls are worth double the points.
8. The first team to 25 points wins a set, but they must win by two clear points. The first team to win two sets is the winner. When the teams are tied one set each, the deciding set will be played to 15 points.