RULES & REGULATIONS
Ultimate Frisbee Regulations
1. Ultimate Frisbee will be played in a DOUBLE KNOCK-OUT format.
2. 7 a-side game, each game will last about 7 minutes with no interval in between.
3. All teams must report to the teacher-in-charge at least 10 minutes before the start of their game.
4. Each game lasts for 7 minutes, with no interval in between.
5. A minimum of 5 players is required to start a match. A walkover will be given to the opposing team if the minimum number of players is not present.
6. The players of both teams should be the same, i.e. 5v5, 6v6 (fair play)
7. All players must be properly attired for each game, i.e. PE attire (class t-shirt allowed)
8. The referee’s decision is final.
9. Disciplinary action will be taken on players who display undesirable behaviour.
10. Any changes to the team should be communicated to the teacher-in-charge prior to the start of the competition. Changes made mid-way through the competition are NOT allowed.
11. Strictly no changes in the team after registration is allowed. *subjected to case by case basis
Basic Rules of the game
1. Initiate Play - Each point begins with both teams lining up on the front of their respective end zone line. The defence throws ("pulls") the disc to the offense. A regulation game has seven players per team.
2. Scoring - Each time the offense completes a pass in the defence’s end zone, the offense scores a point. Play is initiated after each score.
3. Movement of the Disc - The disc may be advanced in any direction by completing a pass to a teammate. Players may not run with the disc. The person with the disc ("thrower") has ten seconds to throw the disc. The defender guarding the thrower ("marker") counts out the stall count.
4. Change of possession - When a pass in not completed (e.g. out of bounds, drop, block, interception), the defence immediately takes possession of the disc and becomes the offense.
5. Substitutions - Players not in the game may replace players in the game after a score and during an injury timeout.
6. Non-contact - No physical contact is allowed between players. Picks and screens are also prohibited. A foul occurs when contact is made. One player to mark one player. No double team.
7. Disc space between players - Thrower has the right to initiate a one-arm leng and one disc space distance between thrower and defender.
8. Fouls - When a player initiates contact on another player a foul occurs. When a foul disrupts possession, the play resumes as if the possession was retained. If the player committing the foul disagrees with the foul call, the play is redone.
9. Spirit of the Game - Ultimate stresses sportsmanship and fair play. Competitive play is encouraged, but never at the expense of respect between players, adherence to the rules, and the basic joy of play.
*In the event of tie, teams will take turns to throw the disc towards the first line of the end zone. The disc nearest to the line wins.