My name is Sirus Dehdari and I am a Ph.D. in Economics from the Institute for International Economic Studies. Starting Fall 2018, I will join the CONPOL project at Uppsala University (Department of Government). I do research in applied microeconometrics, and political and institutional economics, in particular voting for far-right parties, national identity, and political participation.
Work in progress:
- Economic Distress and Support for Far-right Parties - Evidence from Sweden. (SSRN)
- Gender Difference in Revenge and Strategic Play: A Natural Experiment (with Emma Heikesten and Siri Isaksson). Chapter 3
- Understanding the turnout 'gap' (with Jaakko Meriläinen).
- Access to Danish TV and Voting for Far-right Parties in Sweden (with Erik Prawitz and Jens Rydgren)
Recent and Upcoming Talks:
- September 6: Institute for Analytical Sociology, Linköping University
- September 2: APSA 2018 (Boston)
- May 9: Political Economy Workshop, BI Norwegian Business School (Oslo)
- April 5: MPSA 2018 (Chicago)
- March 28: RES 2018 (Brighton)
- March 27: ASEN 2018 (London)