There are many options out there in the world of Formative Assessments. Fear not! I'm here to help! If you would like to explore what formative assessment tool(s) would be right for you, feel free to make an appointment with me and I would be happy to talk to you about all of your options and what might be the best fit for you. I'm also here to help you get started and support you as you use them.
Selection of Formative Assessment Options
Pear Deck (Freemium)
- "Pear Deck brings the classroom “clicker” into the 21st century with not only multiple choice-style questions, but text responses, numbers, drawings, draggable pins on images, and more."
- Lets you quickly see what each student thinks so you can check for understanding with ease.
- Allows you to give quality, real-time feedback to students
- Excellent option if you already have PDFs of worksheets for your students to work on
- Flipgrid is a video discussion platform that allows you to create a grid for your class/group, add topics and then gather short video responses from all of the participants in an easy to use platform that doesn't require accounts.
Socrative by MasteryConnect (Freemium)
- "Quickly assess students with prepared activities or on-the-fly questions to get immediate insight into student understanding. Then use auto-populated results to determine the best instructional approach to most effectively drive learning."
- Quiz, Space Race and Exit Ticket as well as quick questions are the choices they have available
- Click here to see a comparison chart of the free versus pro accounts
- "Web-based clicker tool used by educators around the world to keep students engaged and gain real-time insight into student comprehension."
- "GoSoapBox is free for K-12 and university educators to use with small classes (fewer than 30 students)."
- Interactive presentations and lessons that enables you to "get real-time feedback and post-session reports on student comprehension."
- Click here to see a comparison of the different account levels and what features they each have.