The Sierra Nation comes alive at the Night Museum
Chabot Space & Science Center Sleepover
2019 Museum Sleepover dates are TBD
Arrive 4:00 - 4:30pm Saturday -- Leave by 10:00am Sunday
REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT DEADLINE: TBD
About the Sleepover
The Sierra Expedition will have a sleepover at the Chabot Space & Science Center! This is one of the best events of the year!
Enjoy the Chabot Space & Science after hours where you and your daughter(s) can sleep under the stars!
Check back soon for more information, agenda, and registration details!
- CONFIRMED: Arrive between 4:00 and 4:30pm. Use Side Entrance.
- CONFIRMED: Orientation 4:30 to 5:00pm
- CONFIRMED: If arriving after 5:00pm, use main entrance.
Cost + Meals
- $100/daughter; $70/dad; includes dinner and breakfast catered by LaBonne Cuisine’s Bistro Express
- $10 off for Chabot Museum members
Note: People can bring their own food, but there is no refrigeration or heating and no prep area available.
Chabot Space & Science Center
10000 Skyline Blvd, Oakland, CA 94619
Directions from South Bay:
- Take I-880 North to I-238 South toward Castro Valley/Stockton/I-580
- Take the exit onto I-580 West toward Oakland
- Make a slight right onto Hwy. 13 North (Warren Freeway) toward Berkeley
- Take the Joaquin Miller Rd Exit
- Turn right at Joaquin Miller Rd
- Turn left at Skyline Blvd. Turn right onto the driveway at the Chabot sign.
As you approach the building bypass the garage and turn right. Proceed along the access road to the black gate just past the garden to unload. After unloading proceed to park in the garage or the additional lot ahead. Parking is free. DO NOT LEAVE VALUABLES IN YOUR VEHICLES. All other groups may check-in at the main entrance.
Convenient, free parking is available in the adjacent 3-level parking structure. Additional parking for special events is available on weekends in the Staff Lot (near the Observatory) or in the West Lot off Skyline Blvd.
Accessible parking is available near the main entrance to Chabot. Parking spaces for vehicles with disabled parking permits are located across from the parking structure – on the left coming up the driveway from Skyline Blvd. A drop-off area is also located in front of the main entrance.
Sleeping Pads/Sleeping Bags
Chabot requests no inflatable mattresses. Chabot has 100 Adult size cots; we have 84 adults in our group. You may bring mattress pads for kids.
Bring sleeping bags and/or blankets.
Please see the Overnight Tool Kit packet (link below) for lots of details as well as the Medical Release authorization forms.