Singularities and Algebraic Geometry
Da Nang, January 8-13, 2018
Hosted by VNU - University of Science
Dates: January 8-13, 2018
Location: Da Nang (Vietnam). This is one of the liveliest cities in Vietnam, with good weather and beaches at that time of the year, close to several UNESCO World Heritage Sites, including the Imperial City of Hue, the Old Town of Hoi An, and the My Son ruins.
Venue: Saigon Tourane Hotel, 5 Dong Da Street, Hai Chau District, Da Nang City, Vietnam
Topic: The conference is dedicated to recent advances in Algebraic Geometry and Singularities.
Financial support: We cannot offer any financial support for attending this conference, with the exception of some support for Vietnamese participants. We would be happy however to help you with hotel reservations.
List of tentative speakers:
- Dang Tuan Hiep (NCTS Taiwan)
- Tommaso de Fernex (Utah)
- Roi Docampo (Oklahoma)
- Do Viet Cuong (VNU)
- Javier Fernandez de Bobadilla (BCAM Bilbao)
- Ha Huy Vui (Thang Long Institute of Mathematis and Applied Sciences)
- Le Cong Trinh (Quy Nhon University)
- François Loeser (UPMC Paris)
- Yongqiang Liu (KU Leuven)
- Mircea Mustata (Univ of Michigan)
- Nguyen Huu Kien (Lille)
- Nguyen Nhan (ICMC-USP)
- María Pe Pereira (UCM)
- Mihnea Popa (Northwestern)
- Ta Le Loi (Da Lat University)
- Jean-Baptiste Teyssier (KU Leuven)
- Takehiko Yasuda (Osaka University)
- Yimu Yin (Sun Yat-Sen Univ, Guangzhou)
- Nero Budur (KU Leuven)
- Le Quy Thuong (VNU)
- Le Minh Ha (VNU)
- Nguyen Hong Duc (BCAM)
- Pho Duc Tai (VNU)
- FWO and NAFOSTED (Project Number: FWO.101.2015.02)
- VNU University of Science
How to come to Da Nang:
- By Airplane: The closest airport is Da Nang International Airport, just few kilometers from the city centre (10-15 minutes by taxi).
- By Train: You may also come to Da Nang by train, but it takes much time (for instance, about 12 hours from Hanoi). The Da Nang main railway station is located in the city centre.