Photonics Engineer @ Google Fiber
I am a Photonics Engineer at Google Fiber. I joined Google in June, 2016. Before that, I was a Ph.D. student in Photonics and Networking Research Laboratory (PNRL) led by Professor Leonid G. Kazovsky in Department of Electrical Engineering at Stanford University.
My research interests include high speed optical communication system for access and data center network. My previous research projects include,
- UltraFlow project, proposed as an efficient and cost-effective solution for next generation network;
- High speed (≥ 25 Gbps per λ) TDM-PON with low-cost components;
- High speed (≥ 56 Gbps per λ) Inter- and Intra-Data Center interconnect with low-cost components.
Please check detailed research projects in Research Section.
For my full CV, please click (updated 1/15/2017). References available upon request.
- Our invited paper "Optical Amplified 40-Gbps Symmetrical TDM-PON using 10-Gbps Optics and DSP" has been accepted for publication in IEEE/OSA Journal of Lightwave Technology, 2017.
- Our invited paper "Connected OFCity: Technology Innovations for a Smart City Project" has been published in IEEE/OSA Journal of Optical Communications and Networking, vol. 9, issue 2, February 2017.
- Our paper “Investigation of Symmetrical Optical Amplified 40 Gbps PAM-4/Duobinary TDM-PON using 10G Optics and DSP” has been presented in Optical Communication Conference (OFC) 2016, Paper Tu3C.2, Anaheim, CA, March 2016. (Featured as Top-Scored Paper in OFC 2016)
- Team Ofconn, represented by Shuang Yin and other four broadband network experts, has won the Judges Award in OFC 2016 workshop “Connected OFCity Challenge”.
- Our paper “UltraFlow Access Network with Remotely Powered and Controlled Quasi-Passive Reconfigurable Remote Node” has been published in IEEE/OSA Journal of Lightwave Technology, vol. 34, issue 9, pp. 2213-2220, May 2016.
- Professor Kazovsky and Shuang Yin serve as Technical Program Committee (TPC) members in European Conference on Network and Optical Communications (NOC) 2016.