He is a PhD student at the School of Computer Science and Engineering, University of New South Wales (UNSW), as well as at Data61, CSIRO, since Oct. 2016, under the supervision of Lina Yao, Xiwei Xu and Liming Zhu. He received a Bachelor degree in 2014 from Nanjing University. My research interests include recommender systems and deep learning.
- Holographic Factorization Machines for Recommendation (AAAI 2019, oral spotlight presentation), Yi Tay, Shuai Zhang (co-first author), Anh Tuan Luu, Siu Cheung Hui, Lina Yao, Tran Dang Quang Vinh.
- Next Item Recommendation with Self-Attentive Metric Learning (AAAI Workshop 2019, oral presentation), Shuai Zhang, Yi Tay, Lina Yao, Aixin Sun, Jake An [PDF].
- Unraveling Metric Vector Spaces with Factorization for Recommendation (Preprint) [CODE], Shuai Zhang, Lina Yao, Bin Wu, Xiwei Xu, Xiang Zhang, Liming Zhu.
- Internet of Things Meets Brain-Computer Interface: A Unified Deep Learning Framework for Enabling Human-Thing Cognitive Interactivity. Xiang Zhang, Lina Yao, Shuai Zhang, Salil S. Kanhere, Quan Z. Sheng, Yunhao Liu. IEEE Internet of Things Journal, SJR Q1 .
- Deep Neural Networks meet Recommender Systems (Invited Book Chapter) , Shuai Zhang, Lina Yao, Aixin Sun, Guibing Guo, Xiwei Xu, Liming Zhu. to appear in the book "Big Data Recommender Systems: Recent Trends and Advances", Institution of Engineering and Technology
- NeuRec: On Nonlinear Transformation for Personalized Ranking (IJCAI 2018), Shuai Zhang, Lina Yao, Aixin Sun, Sen Wang. Guodong Long. Manqing Dong. [PDF] [CODE]
- Deep Learning based Recommender System: A Survey and New Perspectives (ACM Computing surveys, Accepted, 2017), [PDF] [CODE] , Shuai Zhang, Lina Yao, Aixin Sun, Yi Tay. SJR Q1 .
- AutoSVD++: An Efficient Hybrid Collaborative Filtering Model via Contractive Auto-encoders (SIGIR 2017), Shuai Zhang, Lina Yao, Xiwei Xu. [PDF] [CODE]
- Program Committee member of RSBD 2019 (in parallel with ICDE 2019).
- Invited Reviewer for Pattern Recognition Letters, IEEE Access, IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, Neurocomputing, Multimedia Tools and Applications
- External Reviewer of AAAI 2019, PAKDD 2019, CIKM 2018, IJCAI 2018, ICWS 2017, Artificial Intelligence Review
Scholarship and Travel Grant
- AAAI 2019 Travel Grant
- UNSW Postgraduate Research Student Support Funds
- ACM SIGIR 2017 Travel Grant
- UNSW Tuition Fee Scholarship, UNSW
- Data61 Student Scholarship, Data61, CSIRO
14-Jan-2019: Became PC member of RSBD 2019.
30-Nov-2018: Awarded the AAAI 2019 Travel Grant.
28-Nov-2018: Received the UNSW PRSS Funding.
27-Nov-2018: One paper accepted at AAAI workshop: RecNLP.
20-Nov-2018: Give a talk at Northeastern University, Shenyang.
01-Nov-2018: One co-first author paper is accepted by AAAI 2019.
11-Oct-2018: The survey on deep learning based recommender systems is accepted by ACM Computing surveys.
12-Aug-2018: A library for deep learning based recommendation is released. github link: DeepRec [#STARS:147].