Rules of the Evening
Sacred Heart School Reverse Raffle Official Rules
Unlike a typical raffle, in a Reverse Raffle the purchaser of the last ticket drawn wins the Grand Prize.
➢ GRAND PRIZE: up to $2,500 will be awarded on Saturday, March 23, 2019, at Sacred Heart of Jesus School Gym in Wadsworth, Ohio. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. 150 raffle tickets must be sold for the $2,500 Grand Prize to be awarded. If fewer than 150 tickets are sold, the Grand Prize will be 20% of the gross proceeds.
➢ Gross Proceeds is defined as the total number of tickets sold at $100 per ticket.
➢ A maximum of 150 reverse raffle tickets will be sold.
➢ Single Ticket cost for raffle ticket and dinner is $100. Couples Ticket cost for raffle ticket and 2 dinners is $125. The ticket price is not tax deductible.
➢ You must be 18 years or older to purchase or sell a Reverse Raffle Ticket.
➢ A ticket is considered purchased when a complete payment ($100 or $125) has been received, ticketing information form has been completed and recorded by the Reverse Raffle Chairpersons. Sacred Heart School PTO, Sacred Heart of Jesus School nor the Sacred Heart of Jesus Parish are responsible for lost or stolen reverse raffle tickets.
➢ Ticket sales will be stop on March 8, 2019 at 3:00 p.m., unless all tickets are sold prior to that time.
➢ Interval Drawing Awards will be held throughout the evening. Interval Drawings will be awarded for the 1st ticket ($50), the 25th (door prize) the 45th (door prize), the 70th (door prize), the 95th (door prize). The #13 ticket will not be sold prior to the night of the event and will be sold for $5 chances the night of the event prior to the first draw.
➢ Buybacks are available at the door until 6:25 p.m. for $20. One buyback per ticket.
➢ The winner of the Grand Prize must be present or have a proxy in order to win.
➢ Winners are solely responsible for any and all taxes due on the awards.
➢ Payment in the form of cash or check and made to Sacred Heart School PTO will be accepted for ticket purchase.
➢ Tickets may be purchased in the vestibule of the West Nave of the church after weekend masses from January 12th - February 3rd, reserved online at https://sites.google.com/view/shs-reverseraffle-2019 or contact Lindsay Mangan or Kerry Muhl to request tickets at email@example.com or call 330-904-0040.
➢Tickets reserved online (once payment has been received) will be distributed at the school from 3:00 p.m. - 3:20 p.m., Monday through Wednesday from March 4th - March 20th or may be picked up at the door the night of the event by 6:20 p.m.
1) All bids will be placed on the bidding sheets located next to each silent auction item. Please include your name, phone number and bid on the form.
2) All bids must be placed prior to closing at
Items 1 - 10 close at 9:45 p.m.
Items 11 - 20 close at 9:50 p.m.
Items 21 - 30 close at 9:55 p.m.
3) If you are not present to collect your winnings at 10:00 p.m. you will be contacted on Sunday, March 24th to arrangement pick-up.
4) All items must be sold for no less than their minimum bid.
5) Checkout will begin at 10:15 p.m. for all winning bids. Please bring your winnings and payment to the Mezzanine off of the gym. Cash, personal check and credit (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express and Debit Cards) will be accepted as payment for winning items.
6) If you are not present at 10:15 p.m., you will be contacted on Sunday, March 24th, by one of the auction co-chairs to arrange payment and pick-up.
7) A Dinner Auction Official reserves the right to withdraw any item for which bids have not reached a satisfactory bid level.
1) It's easy! To bid, raise your hand so that it can be easily seen by the auctioneer.
2) A Live Auction Attendant will come to your table to record your information. Cash and personal check payments will be taken at that time. Credit payments will be given an invoice and can be taken to the check out in the Mezzanine off the gym immediately following the Live Auction.
3) All sales are final upon pronouncement by the auctioneer.
Unless otherwise specified, all items/services will expire one year from the event night.
Certain items may have special restrictions as indicated in the program or on the tickets/certificate. As a courtesy to our generous donors, please no substitutions, alterations or exchanges may be made to the dates or other restrictions as stated on the tickets/certificates.
The purchaser is responsible for contacting the donor in a timely manner to make arrangements as required.
Unless specifically stated otherwise, miscellaneous costs and travel expenses to and from all events, vacation destinations or locations are at the purchaser’s expense.
Every effort has been made to make a “good faith” description of each item. Therefore, each successful bidder must accept items as displayed or described throughout the Auction. The Sacred Heart School PTO expressly disclaims any liability for faulty or misrepresented goods.
Full payment is required for all auction items and services before the conclusion of the evening’s auction. The cashiers will accept cash, personal checks, VISA, Mastercard, Discover, American Express and Debit Cards. You are responsible for removal of all purchases the evening of the event unless other arrangements have been made.