learn to sing
if you can talk, you can sing
On three consecutive Saturdays in September and October we will be offering the chance to try out choral singing for yourself. You will learn how to use your voice properly, how to read music and how to perform with other people. The workshops will be led by our very own director, Dr Martin Cook.
- 23 and 30 September and 7 October 2017
- 10 am till 1 pm
- The United Reformed Church, Coleham Head, Shrewsbury SY3 7BJ
The charge for the workshop will be £60 for all three days. You can pay by PayPal or debit/credit card by clicking here.
What the workshop will be all about, in the words of our musical director Dr. Martin Cook:
Learn to sing and sing happy
- This is a course for anyone who wants to learn to sing or to sing better. If you have never sung before but have always wanted to then this course will get you started.
- If you have been singing in a choir for a long time but want to improve your vocal technique this course will help you to sing with more ease.
- If you are completely mystified by musical notation then this course will introduce you to the basics and help you to connect your new-found knowledge to the music in front of you.
- If you want to improve your sight singing – you want to be able to look at a piece of music and know roughly what it sounds like - well this course will unravel the mysteries and prove to you that anyone can sight-sing.
- Basic music theory and sight-singing will be taught through practical activity in a sequential and enjoyable way that will lead to the choir situation using a variety of repertoire in different styles
- Vocal techniques will raise your singing ability, establishing good singing habits as quickly as possible, thereby releasing your imagination in order to bring music to life. This will include physical and vocal warm-ups, correct posture, breathing and tone production.
If everyone started off the day singing, just think how happy they'd be