shohei.higashiyama [at] nict.go.jp
- Natural Language Processing
- May 2017 - Present
- National Institute of Information and Communications Technology (NICT), Advanced Speech Translation Research and Development Promotion Center, Kyoto, Japan
- April 2014 - Present
- NEC Corporation, Central Research Laboratories, Kanagawa, Japan
- April 2012 - March 2014
- Kobe University, Graduate School of System Informatics, Hyogo, Japan
- Master of System Informatics
- April 2008 - March 2012
- Kobe University, Faculty of Engineering, Hyogo, Japan
- Bachelor of Engineering
- Shohei Higashiyama, Kazuhiro Seki and Kuniaki Uehara. Vocabulary Expansion of Medical Language Resources for Medical Information Extraction. Journal of Natural Language Processing, Vol. 22, No. 2, pp. 77-106, June 2015. (In Japanese) [paper]
- Shohei Higashiyama, Mathieu Blondel, Kazuhiro Seki and Kuniaki Uehara. Cost-Sensitive Structured Perceptron Incorporating Category Hierarchy for Named Entity Recognition. Journal of Information and Communication Technology (JICT), Vol. 14, pp. 1-20, May 2015. [paper]
- Shohei Higashiyama, Mathieu Blondel, Kazuhiro Seki and Kuniaki Uehara. Named Entity Recognition Exploiting Category Hierarchy Using Structured Perceptron. IPSJ Transactions on Mathematical Modeling and its Applications (TOM), Vol. 6, No. 3, pp. 43-52, December 2013. (In Japanese) [paper]
- Toshiaki Nakazawa, Shohei Higashiyama, Chenchen Ding, Hideya Mino, Isao Goto, Hideto Kazawa, Yusuke Oda, Graham Neubig and Sadao Kurohashi, Overview of the 4th Workshop on Asian Translation, In Proceedings of the 4th Workshop on Asian Translation (WAT2017), November 2017. [paper]
- Shohei Higashiyama, Kunihiko Sadamasa, Takashi Onishi and Yotaro Watanabe, Event Relation Acquisition Using Dependency Patterns and Confidence-Weighted Co-occurrence Statistics, In Proceedings of the 2017 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems (FedCSIS), September 2017. [paper]
- Shohei Higashiyama, Mathieu Blondel, Kazuhiro Seki and Kuniaki Uehara. A Cost-Sensitive Approach to Named Entity Recognition with Category Hierarchy. In Proceedings of the International Conference on Computer and Information Sciences (ICCOINS 2014), June 2014.
- Shohei Higashiyama, Kazuhiro Seki and Kuniaki Uehara. Developing ML-based Systems to Extract Medical Information from Japanese Medical History Summaries. In Proceedings of International Joint Conference on Natural Language Processing Workshop on Natural Language Processing for Medical and Healthcare Fields. pp. 14-21, October 2013. [paper]
- Shohei Higashiyama, Kazuhiro Seki and Kuniaki Uehara, Clinical Entity Recognition Using Cost-Sensitive Structured Perceptron for NTCIR-10 MedNLP, In Proceedings of 10th NTCIR Conference, June 2013. [paper]
- Best Paper Award, International Conference on Computer and Information Sciences (ICCOINS 2014), June 2014.
- Student Encouragement Award, The 74th IPSJ National Convention of IPSJ, March 2012.