Fake News Research
Website evaluation resources:
- 10 Ways to Spot a Fake News Article by EasyBib Jan. 4, 2017.
- 5 Tools to Help Evaluate Sources in a World of Fake News by the Daily Genius Jan. 18, 2017.
- Indiana University East Fake News: Home
- 10 Questions for Fake News Detection by the News Literacy Project.
- A Finder's Guide To Facts by NPR Dec. 11, 2016.
- Fake Or Real? How To Self-Check The News And Get The Facts by NPR Dec. 5, 2016.
Articles and other resources about fake news:
- Most Students Don’t Know When News Is Fake, Stanford Study Finds Wall Street Journal Nov. 2016.
- The Future of Truth and Misinformation Online by the Pew Research Center. Oct. 2017.
- Navigating Fake News: How Librarians Can Help Students Find the Truth. by American Libraries. June 25, 2017.
- Google and Facebook aren't fighting fake news with the right weapons by the Los Angeles Times. May 8, 2017.
- News Use Across Social Media Platforms 2016 by the Pew Research Center May 2016.
- How to Spot Fake Reviews on Amazon, Yelp, and Other Sites Dec. 6, 2016.
- A shocking number of young people can’t separate fact from fiction online by the Hechinger Report Nov. 30, 2016.
- Students Have 'Dismaying' Inability To Tell Fake News From Real, Study Finds by NPR Nov. 26, 2016.
- Stanford researchers find students have trouble judging the credibility of information online by Stanford News Nov. 22, 2016.
Lesson plans using fake news:
- Ideas for E.L.L.s: Finding Reliable Sources in a World of ‘Fake News’
- Media Literacy – Defining and Teaching a Must-Have Skill by EGUSD Digital Citizenship Dec. 5, 2016
- Hoax or No Hoax? Strategies for online comprehension and evaluation by ReadWriteThink
- Annenberg Credibility Challenge