I am looking for PhD students for the following research topics:
- Heterogeneous online data analytics
- Stochastic cooperative adaptive cruise control
- Hierarchical adaptive traffic control systems
- Integrated real-time simulation platform
Click here to find out more.
Dr. Seunghyeon Lee
I am working as a lecturer, which is equivalent to a tenure-track assistant professor in U.S. systems, in the Faculty of Engineering and Information Technology at the University of Technology Sydney. Prior to this position, I had taken up a researcher position at the University of Canterbury and the University of Hong Kong. I had completed Ph.D. degree at the University of Hong Kong in 2016.
I have about 30 publications as Q1 journals, peer-reviewed conference proceedings, and presentations. I have led most of the publications as the first and the corresponding authors. Contributing to the academic field of transportation engineering, I serve as the reviewers for 11 international journals, including Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, IEEE Transactions on Cybernetics, and Accident Analysis and Prevention. Moreover, I have performed about 20 funded research and consultancy projects in transport engineering in South Korea, Hong Kong, New Zealand, and Australia.
My major research interests are;
- traffic management and control
- traffic-flow theory
- intelligent transportation systems
- deep learning approach to transport modelling
- connected and autonomous traffic systems
- multimodal transportation networks.
I have carried out numerous research projects, including;
- traffic signal control
- real-time big-data surveillance and mining algorithms
- car-following models
- transport optimisations
- traffic guidance and road marking
- preliminary feasibility studies on transport infrastructure
- stochastic system modeling
- connected traffic systems.
My research applies a range of approaches, such as empirical surveys, traffic simulation, data recursive process, mathematical programs, and stochastic differential equations.