2018 Southeastern regional SICB meeting
Saturday, November 10, 2018
Please check here for updates and information about the 2018 southeastern regional SICB meeting!
The 2018 joint Southeast Regional Meeting of SICB will be held on Saturday, November 10 at Clemson University. This year's meeting will be hosted by Rick Blob's lab. Our aim is to provide an inviting and comfortable atmosphere for students, faculty, and postdocs to discuss their ongoing research projects through short (5-10 minute) talks and copious breaks.
Registration is free. Please use this Google form to register for the 2018 regional SICB meeting.
We would like to thank the generosity of the Clemson University Department of Biological Sciences, as well as the SICB Divisions of Comparative Biomechanics and Vertebrate Morphology. Thanks to their generosity, there will be no cost to registration for this meeting.
This year, our plenary speaker will be Dr. Melina Hale, Professor of Organismal Biology and Anatomy at the University of Chicago, and President-elect of SICB
The regional meeting will be held in Jordan Hall (Room G33). Parking will be available in the Long Hall parking lot adjacent to Jordan Hall and we will have parking passes waiting for you at registration.
In the Google form, you will be able to supply a talk title and 3-5 keywords for your talk. Please submit your talk information by Wednesday, October 24, 2018 to be included in the program.
Because this is a locally-organized meeting, it's important for planning to get a rough gauge of interest, so please register as soon as possible.
We really hope you can make it!
Hotel & Accommodations
- The Abernathy, (864) 654-5299, 157 Old Greenville Hwy, Clemson, SC 29631; closest and nicest option, but probably also the most expensive.
- Comfort Inn Clemson, (520) 257-3099, 1305 Tiger Blvd US 123 and, US-76, Clemson, SC 29631; decent
- Best Western Plus, (864) 986-6200, 1310 Tiger Blvd, Clemson, SC 29631; decent
- Hampton Inn Clemson-University Area, (864) 653-7744, 851 Tiger Blvd, Clemson, SC 29631; decent
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites, (864) 654-9410, 1381 Tiger Blvd, Clemson, SC 29631; decent
- Days Inn by Wyndham Clemson, (864) 653-4411, 1387 Tiger Blvd, Clemson, SC 29631; economical option
- America's Best Inn, (864) 654-4605, 106 Liberty Dr, Clemson, SC 29631; economical option
Directions and Parking
Note: the following are general instructions from VT’s web site. We will be posting meeting-specific parking instructions soon.
- Here is a Google maps link to the Long Hall parking lot where the meeting will be held. If you are using a different app for directions, the address listed is 230 Parkway Dr., Clemson, SC 29634
- Parking will be available in the Long Hall parking lot and we will have parking passes waiting for you at registration. To make sure we have enough parking passes, please make sure to fill out the carpooling question in the Google form.
- Park in plain green spaces. Be sure to check signs to avoid any 24-hour faculty-staff or meter notations before parking.