South-East pro-European Network
What is it for?
The idea behind this work is that we need to see who we are, where we are and who our neighbours are. This is essential to plug the gaps in our network and to be ready for any new chance to vote. The constituency pages (there's a provisional example of a relatively well filled out constituency page here, Aberconwy (example in SE to follow) are supposed to help everyone get to grips with
- the important task of corresponding with MPs to make our wishes and feelings known. You can get help doing this either through the national campaigns Represent Us, and Best for Britain, or by plugging in to their targeted operations in particular constituencies, and throughout constituencies in this part of the UK.
- developing maps right down to ward level to help activists cover their streets with leaflets and door to door conversations, and to keep a log of where they have been and where they have not been, whichever organisation or group they are working for. These resources can be held off this site, but the more linked up they are here, the more they can be shared across different groups working in the same area.
The constituency index page lists the constituencies alphabetically and by area. It can be used to navigate through to area and individual constituency pages. There are also links to lists on spreadsheets which can be used to help divide up the task of posting messages and news on all the Facebook groups throughout the region.
How do I use it?
To find what constituency you live in use this tool: https://mapit.mysociety.org/. The constituency index page lists the constituencies alphabetically and by area. It can be used to navigate through to area and individual constituency pages. There are also links to lists on spreadsheets which can be used to help divide up the task of posting messages and news on all the Facebook groups throughout the region. Join your constituency group and start work for Europe! Join your national or area group to take part in events and discussions. The main national or area groups in the East of England are listed belows, for more local groups follow the links to sub-pages.
To get alerts on your MP's activity in Westminster use "They work for you" https://www.theyworkforyou.com/alert/
For a curated feed of tweets from all the pro-EU groups in the South East follow @SEinEurope (https://twitter.com/SEin Europe)
In the South-East there are:
Eight counties, and 84 Westminster constituencies, grouped here in three areas :
- BERKSHIRE (6 unitary authorities)
- Wycombe in Europe: https://www.facebook.com/WycombeInEurope/
- European Movement branch Milton Keynes
- Oxford for Europe (closed Facebook group): https://www.facebook.com/groups/710398885779662/
- Oxford for Europe (Oxford Stays community page) https://www.facebook.com/oxfordstays/
- Oxford Students for Europe: https://www.facebook.com/osfeurope/
- Thame for Europe: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ThameforEurope/
New Europeans branch:
European Movement branch:
- Chair: David Blackman firstname.lastname@example.org
- HAMPSHIRE & ISLE of WIGHT
European Movement branches:
- WEST SUSSEX
European Movement branch (see also Hampshire):
- EAST SUSSEX . CONTAINS DOORSTEP WALK MAP
European Movement branch (Eastbourne)
- Chair: Dr David Cooke, OBE email@example.com
European Movement branches: see SW Surrey, Guildford/Woking, and Leatherhead (see Mole Valley), and Esher and Walton
- Kent for EU: https://www.facebook.com/Kent4EU/
- Kent is closer to Europe: https://www.facebook.com/Kent-Is-Closer-To-Europe-705556859626607/
European Movement branches:
For identifying the other groups there is one of a series of 48% index groups in a closed group here:
- The 48% - South East Groups Index: https://www.facebook.com/groups/660492234131129/
Its "sister" news and discussion group (to keep such items off the index) is here:
- The 48% - South East Groups Discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/391289677915413/
- 6: East Sussex, Surrey and all but 2 constituencies of West Sussex
- 13: Kent
- 31: Berkshire, Buckinghamshire and Oxfordshire
- 33: Hampshire, Isle of Wight and 2 constituencies from West Sussex
Best for Britain "regions" in the South East Region
UKPEN SE Thames Valley corresponds to a Best for Britain area, as shown here)
But Best for Britain have chosen to divide the remainder of the region differently: Surrey with Hampshire:
And Kent with Sussex: