Imagine a wear-ables and internet of things technology concept that will enable teachers and students to communicate and capture data that can be used to optimize student’s socio-emotional wellness in real time. We will be developing a system that will integrate:
- Wearable technologies
- Collaborative learning: Collaborative learning spaces are becoming the norm in K-12.
- Modular aesthetics: The ability to mix and match digital screens and physical bezels and frames that can appeal to a variety of users.
- Proximity sensing: Actions on digital devices triggered by the proximate location of persons.
- Geolocation: where persons are located in the world
- Vital signs monitoring: heart rate, temperature, blood pressure, etc. that can provide indications of mental states
- Real time data input
- Real time data processing in the cloud
INTERACTION DESIGN is a course offered at Kendall College of Art and Design of Ferris State University. This responsive site will contain all the completed deliverables for the Fall 2017 section . It can be viewed on a smart phone, tablet, or PC web browser.
To understand how emotional well being plays a role with learning... watch this video by the Atlanta Speech School. Imagine positive interactions between students and adults, like those illustrated in the second half of the video, being enhanced with data that provides isolated and aggregated emotional data for individual students and student constituencies.
A user-experience designer understands that products are only one component in their customer’s complex life experience. They are never isolated from that. So we are really creating a product story that will fit into and affect the on-going narrative of the learning experience before, during and after the classroom experience.
- UX STORIES
- IDEATION SKETCHES
- PRESENTATION SITE
The 3 drivers of interaction design design for this project are:
- Aesthetics: the visceral audience reaction to the look, feel, sound, taste and smell.
- Function: the behavioral reaction (learning and social outcomes)
- Brand: the reflective audience reaction; the lasting impression that the product weaves into their story.
Innocademy is a K-12 charter school in Zeeland MI.
Activities will include:
DESIGN THINKING PROJECT: Design a Live Action Role Playing (LARP) Game Concept. that integrates wearable technology and proximity sensors. The deliverable will be a game docs similar to this example: Battle Scars Game Doc. Illustrations for the game doc can utilize any combination of drawing, photography or video. Innocademy will post their ideation and game doc at these links:
SUPPORT FOR KCAD SENSIWARE PROJECT
- Participate in an interview process that helps KCAD understand various positive and negative social scenarios at school.
- Providing feedback on KCAD student's design concepts. Innocademy will post their feedback at this link: Feedback
- Creating a list of Their favorite brands and general advise regarding what kids like to see in design aesthetics. This list will be used by both KCAD and Innocademy as design reference. Innocademy will post their report at this link: Pop Culture Trends.