We're excited to announce that for the first time, SENSEsational Science is open to all PreK-12th grade educators! Spend your summer getting paid to visit some of the most exciting attractions and nature areas in Tulsa. You will make friends with fellow teachers excited to learn new ways to engage students in STEAM while meeting academic standards. The best part, you do not need to be a science teacher to attend! Actually, we encourage teachers from all content areas to apply. This workshop focuses on building community relationships while encouraging STEAM in the classroom.
If you've been through Year 1 of "SENSE," you are encouraged to apply again as a Year 2 member. Simply complete the application and indicate on the form in the space provided that you have previously attended. Year 2 members will have a different experience than Year 1.
Lunches are provided daily for all participants.
Commitment Meeting: Saturday, May 4, 9am-11am (location TBA)
Summer Workshop Dates: June 3-7 and June 10-14 (Monday-Friday) 9am - 4pm unless noted otherwise
Follow Up Dates: TBA (multiple opportunities, generally in the fall and spring)
- By the end of the workshop, all teachers must develop a lesson plan or school action play they can implement the following school year.
- All teachers must attend a commitment meeting in May, all sessions in June, and attend two Saturday follow-up programs during the school year. (Information regarding follow up days will be distributed on the first day of the workshop.)
- Each teacher will work towards a common goal of developing and distributing applications for their students to extend lessons and integrate science, math and reading.
- There will be outdoor sessions and moderate physical activity, including walking on uneven terrain.
To participate you must:
- Hold a current Oklahoma Teaching Certification
- Be a current PreK-12th grade teacher (teachers will be divided into grade bands for the duration of the workshop)
- Submit completed application by March 1, 2019
- Be able to attend all classes at all sites
- Be responsible for you transportation to and from all workshop locations
Submission of application does not guarantee a spot in the workshop. You will be notifies of acceptance by e-mail in early March.
Upon completion of the program, each teacher will receive:
- Stipend upon completion of workshop deliverables
- Personal iPad Mini for classroom use plus training on how to use it
- The opportunity to build lasting relationships with Tulsa community partners
For more questions, please contact: