Sebastian Gomez Cardona
I am a PhD student at the Vancouver School of Economics at the University of British Columbia. My research interests are macroeconomics and international finance. I received a Master in Economics from The London School of Economics and a Bachelor of Science in Mathematical Engineering from Universidad EAFIT.
“Capabilities and investment in R&D: An analysis on European data” with Francesco Bogliacino. Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, vol. 31, 101-111, December 2014.
“Monetary policy and exchange rate in a structural VAR for a small open economy”. Revista Desarrollo y Sociedad, vol. 73, 151-178, July 2014.
“The R&D intensity of companies lagging behind the technological frontier” with Francesco Bogliacino. The Empirical Economics Letters, vol. 13, number 7, July 2014.
“Analysis of drop out of undergraduate students at Universidad EAFIT” with Isabel Montes, Paula Almonacid, Francisco Zuluaga and Esteban Tamayo. Cuadernos de investigacion, Universidad EAFIT. April 2010 [Spanish].
“Do expectations and opinions create economic situation. EOIC Analysis 1990 - 2008” with Alberto Jaramillo. Perfil de Coyuntura Económica. December2009 [Spanish].
University of British Columbia - TA
- Microeconomics (MSc Economics) [2019-2]
- Macroeconomics II (PhD Economics) [2020-1]
- Macroeconomics I (PhD Economics) [2020-2]
Universidad EAFIT - Lecturer
- Advanced Econometrics (MSc Economics) [2017-1]
- Topics in Econometrics (MSc Economics) [2013-1 to 2016-1]
- Mathematical Economics (BSc Economics) [2012-1 to 2016-1]
- Modeling and simulation III (BSc Mathematical Engineering) [2012-1]
- Multivariate Calculus (BE) [2009-2 to 2010-1]
Universidad EAFIT - TA
- Mathematical Economics (MSc Economics - MSc Finance) [2013-1]