LEARN & LEAD
An Introduction to the 2019
SD School Library Standards
About This Course
An Introduction to the 2019 SD School Library Standards is a self-paced, online course offered by the South Dakota State Library as part of the Learn & Lead series for school librarians. This course will focus on the new SD School Library Standards that are meant to guide the school librarians in their professional practice.
Course Credit (two options!)
- One graduate or undergraduate credit through University of Sioux Falls (you pay $45.00)
- Fifteen CEU hours (free)
Readings, activities, and evaluations are designed to equal a total of 15 hours of your time as required to earn one college credit OR 15 CEU's. Each of these may be applied to South Dakota teacher license renewal.
- Fall 2019 (registration will open Sept. 2019)
- Spring 2020
- Explore an overview of content standards in education.
- Examine the 2019 South Dakota School Library Standards.
- Demonstrate understanding of the 2019 South Dakota School Library Standards.
- Participants will complete a digital workbook with embedded activities.
- Graduate credit requires an additional project.