GRIEVANCE REDRESSAL CELL
SIR CV RAMAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY AND SCIENCES is committed to provide a safe, fair and harmonious learning and working environment. Grievance Redressal Cell was set up at CVRT in accordance with the University Grants Commission regulations 2012 (The Gazette of India, March 23-29, 2013), and Article XXV of the constitution for handling day-to-day grievances related to students, parents and staff members. Grievance Redressal Cell facilitates the resolution of grievances in a fair and impartial manner involving the respective Department (dealing with the substantive function connected with the grievance), maintaining necessary confidentiality, as the case may be. Any stakeholder with a genuine grievance may approach Grievance Redressal Cell to submit his/her grievance in writing. The function of the cell is to look into the complaints lodged by any student, and judge its merit. The Grievance cell is also empowered to look into matters of harassment. Anyone with a genuine grievance may approach the department members in person, or in consultation with the officer in-charge Students’ Grievance Cell. In case the person is unwilling to appear in self, grievances may be dropped in writing at the letterbox/ suggestion box of the Grievance Cell.
The objective of the Grievance Cell is to develop a responsive and accountable attitude among all the stakeholders in order to maintain a harmonious educational atmosphere in the institute. A Grievance Cell is constituted for the redressal of the problems reported by the Students of the College with the following objectives:
· Upholding the dignity of the College by ensuring strife free atmosphere in the College through promoting cordial Student-Student relationship and Student-teacher relationship etc.
· Encouraging the Students to express their grievances / problems freely and frankly, without any fear of being victimized.
· Advising Students of the College to respect the right and dignity of one another and show utmost restraint and patience whenever any occasion of rift arises.
· Advising All the Students to refrain from inciting Students against other Students, teachers and College administration
· Advising all staffs to be affectionate to the Students and not behave in a vindictive manner towards any of them for any reason.
· The cases will be attended promptly on receipt of written grievances from the students
· The cell formally will review all cases and will act accordingly as per the Management policy
· The cell will give report to the authority about the cases attended to and the number of pending cases, if any, which require direction and guidance from the higher authorities.
Procedure for lodging complaint
· The students may feel free to put up a grievance in writing and drop in the Grievance Box or handover to the officer – in charge of the Cell.
· The Grievance Cell will assure that the grievance has been properly solved in a stipulated time limit provided by the cell.
STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURE (SOP)
Any student or parents or staff member wants to initiate a grievance may in the first instance bring the issue to the notice of the Head of the respective department, who will address the issue and try to resolve it within 7 working days of the receipt of the grievance. If, there is no response within the stipulated time from the respective department or grievant is dissatisfied with response/resolution to his/her grievance, then the grievant is free to represent his/her grievance to the Institute Grievance Redressal Cell. If, the grievance is against the respective Head of department, then the grievant may directly sumit his/her grievance in writing or submit in person at the Grievance Redressal Cell, to the Officer-In-Charge of Grievance Redressal Cell
FOLLOW UP & MONITORING
Grievance Redressal Cell shall coordinate, monitor and ensure redressal within the stipulated time. Depending up on the seriousness of grievance the Grievance Redressal Cell will follow them up regularly till their final disposal by way of reminders.
Grievance Redressal Committee will make a thorough review of the redressal process. In case the committee feels satisfied with the resolution provided by the respective department/individual, then it will intimate the same to the grievant. Once the grievant indicates acceptance of the resolution at this level, then the matter is deemed closed.
CALL FOR HEARING
If the Grievance Redressal Committee is not satisfied with the resolution provided by the respective department/individual or upon the Grievant’s written request, the committee shall fix a date for hearing, and intimate the same to the respective department/individual as well as the grievant via e-mail. If, at the conclusion of the hearing, the committee feels that additional information, testimony is necessary to make a decision, it may request that the parties submit such additional information. In this event, the hearing will remain open until receipt of the requested documents(s).
If a resolution is not achieved through hearing, then it will take necessary steps to conduct an investigation (fair and impartial investigation) of the facts giving rise to the grievance as it determines necessary to reach a conclusion on the merits of the grievance application. Grievance Redressal Committee will have the right to interview witnesses, if, it determines necessary and/or helpful to the investigation including those recommended by a party to the grievance.
After the hearing or investigation the Grievance Redressal Committee shall use its best efforts to work out a resolution of the issues involved with the parties named in the grievance application – pass an order indicating the reasons for such order, as may be deemed fit.
COMMUNICATING THE DECISION
Upon completion of proceedings, the Grievance Redressal Committee shall communicate the final decision through the Principal to both parties via email, which shall be binding on both the parties.
CLOSURE OF COMPLAINT
The complaint shall be considered as disposed off and closed when:
a. The grievant has indicated the acceptance of the resolution;
b. The grievant has not responded within four weeks from the date of receipt of information on resolution. The proceeding concerning each grievance will be recorded in a systematic manner. The information relating to the proceedings shall be treated as confidential and can be viewed only by the members of Grievance Redressal Committee, for the purpose of investigation.