S.C. STATE BULLDOG BAND FEST 2018
Sponsored by the SC State Alumni Band Association
SAT., APRIL 21, 2018
9:00 AM- 5:00 PM
(MASS BAND PERFORMANCE AT 5:00 PM)
The South Carolina State University Alumni Band Association is pleased to announce the 2nd Annual S.C. State Marching 101 Bulldog Band Fest to be held on Saturday, April 21, 2018. The purpose of this event is to bring high school band students together from across the state and beyond to the campus of South Carolina State University. The day will be filled with fun and practice which will end with a mass band performance at 5:00 pm.
The total cost of this event is $25 per person. This fee covers the cost of an event t-shirt, lunch, and souvenir. Registration must be received by Friday, April 6, 2018. Students may still register on-site, but there is not a guarantee that a t-shirt will be available the day of the event.
Registration is non-refundable. If a student is unable to make the event or has to leave early, the registration fee WILL NOT be refunded. No personal checks will be accepted. Only cashier’s checks, money orders, or online payments through Paypal will be accepted.
We are excited to welcome you to our campus to experience band life as a member of the famed SCSU Marching 101 Band. Please let us know if there are any questions. You can email firstname.lastname@example.org OR call 803-574-2263.
- Registration opens at 8:30 am in the Smith-Hamilton-Middleton (SHM) Memorial arena. Please park in the parking lot at Smith Hamilton Middleton (SHM). People will be there to direct you. The following forms of payment are accepted for onsite registration: Cash, cashier's check or money order, or Ca$hApp ($SCSUABA).
- Here is the schedule for the day. After introductions of staff and review of logistics, we will break out for rehearsals. See schedule for locations.
- Student should bring his/her own instrument/equipment. This includes sticks, reeds, straps, leg rests, mouthpiece, flag, etc. If there are any needs, please let us know by Monday, August 16, 2018.
- Students are encouraged to eat breakfast in the morning and bring a snack. We will also be selling snacks during the breaks .
- Students should wear a white t-shirt and dress comfortably (no jeans). Please wear tennis shoes. We will distribute t-shirt to those who pre-registered. All others will be based on availability.
- Color Guard/Dance Attire- White t-shirt, Black leggings, tennis shoes, dance shoes (dancers only). Click link above for more information. No jewelry.
- Participants may bring a soft drawstring bag to store items and a water bottle, but it is preferred that students bring only bring what is necessary.
- We will have a cookout/block party for lunch. will be hotdogs/hamburgers, chips, dessert, Gatorade, and water. If you have any dietary restrictions, please notify us at registration check-in.
- Our culminating performance will be at 5:00 pm in the Smith Hamilton Middleton Memorial Arena. It is free to the public so encourage your family and friends to attend. We will be selling spirit items during this time.
- If you are a SENIOR who would like to schedule an audition, please verify when you check in at registration. Color guard wishing to audition (who cannot attend Saturday's audition), should prepare a 2-minute audition.
This event is open to instrumentalists, color guard, and dancers in grades 7-12. Please bring your own instrument, or flag.
Accepting onsite registration only. Registration begins at 8:30 am at SHM Memorial Center. Event begins at 9:00 am.
BAND FEST LINKS
Note: T-shirts will be mailed if none are available.
FIND US ON SOCIAL MEDIA