Scout tries to do the right thing. Lout does not always make the best choices. Read and learn through examples of good and bad behavior.
This book tries to provide examples of both good and bad behavior for young children.
- lout – an uncouth, ill-mannered, or aggressive man or boy lacking in refinement and manners.
Click here to purchase a copy from Lulu.com, 32 full-color pages. $8.50 plus shipping and handling
Click here to download the free online version, portrait orientation. Versions optimized for printing available below.
Click here to download the free online version, widescreen landscape version. Versions optimized for printing available below.
Donate - All proceeds go to support Boy Scout Troop 287 in Columbia, SC and the Indian Waters Council of South Carolina.
Download a free printable version for personal use. Not for sale or commercial distribution.
- Color two-sided US letter paper (select flip on short side, staple in middle, 9 sheets)
- Black & White two-sided US letter paper (select flip on short side, staple in middle, 9 sheets)
- Color one-sided US letter paper (cut in half, stack, flip rear cover, staple / bind, 18 sheets)
- Black & White one-sided US letter paper (cut in half, stack, flip rear cover, staple / bind, 18 sheets)
- Color one-page US Letter paper (book compressed to two pages / one two-sided sheet)
- Black & White one-page US Letter paper (book compressed to two pages / one two-sided sheet)
Binding the one-sided version may require a heavy-duty stapler that can staple through 36 layers.
Note from the author:
I realized years ago that my children would benefit from learning about the elements of the Boy Scout Law: Trustworthy, Loyal, Helpful, Friendly, Courteous, Kind, Obedient, Cheerful, Thrifty, Brave, Clean, and Reverent. As a young child, I enjoyed reading about Goofus and Gallant in the Highlights for Children magazine. They provided concrete examples of good and bad behavior. I thought there could be a way to give children examples related to the points in the Scout Law. I finally found motivation to complete this effort in 2017. Also included are examples related to the Outdoor Code, Scout Slogan, and Scout Motto. This book is provided to (hopefully) help parents have a discussion with their small children about various behaviors. If people all tried to live by these principles, the world just might be a better place.
Columbia, South Carolina
Eagle Scout (1991 Huntsville, AL)