SEA Mission and Values
Scottsdale Education Association partners with our state organization, AEA, in our mission and values.
SEA and AEA’s mission is Keeping the Promise of Quality Public Education.
Our core values are Quality Public Education for All, Fairness, Equity, and Respect for All, Teaching as an Esteemed Profession, Education Support Professionals as Valued Partners, and Learning as a Community Commitment.
AEA’s positions and policies are voted on annually by delegates elected to represent their colleagues at the AEA Delegate Assembly held in spring. Between assemblies, AEA is governed by an elected board of directors.
10 Reasons to Belong to SEA & AEA
- AEA members believe every child deserves a free, quality, public education, regardless of zip code.
- Connect with others like you with your passion for public education in your building and across the state at AEA events and online.
- Take charge of your career. AEA offers many professional development opportunities and grant resources to help you advance.
- Knowledge is power. AEA is your best resource for education news through our magazine, newsletters, website, and online social networks.
- There is power in numbers. Join the largest professional association in Arizona and add your voice to over 3 million members nationwide.
- AEA lobbies for education funding and legislation to improve and protect your profession.
- AEA is there fighting for you. When you need an advocate before the board, at the bargaining table, or at the Capitol, we’ve got your back.
- AEA’s Advocacy Help Desk and $1 million liability insurance provide you with the support you need, when you need it.
- Through AEA, you have a voice in decisions about your working conditions, salary, benefits, class sizes, and professional growth.
- AEA membership provides exclusive discounts and savings on many benefits and services.