Seasonal Vector & Source Reduction Technicians
- Perform activities to control mosquitoes
- Collect field data regarding mosquitoes
- Source Reduction performs activities that control mosquitoes in unique habitats
- Day Shift treats for mosquito larvae or pupae in
- pools, woodlots, flooded fields, ditches, sewage lagoons, drains etc.
- Night Shift treats for adult mosquitoes through
- yard treatments
- countywide misting along roads
Seasonal Education Assistant
Do you like filming and photography? What about photo editing or graphic design? Do you enjoy conversing with people?
This department documents all SCMAC's operations. It utilizes software to edit videos and photos, design new banners, brochures & booklets. Public speaking is essential as we frequently interact with county residents.
Needs to be creative and have a heart for educating. An interest in photography, filming and graphics design are beneficial.
Hours & Wages
- Positions start at a $1 above the State of Michigan minimum wage.
- Seasonal positions are from April through September annually.
- Full time positions are available on both the day and night shifts.
- Part time positions are available only on the night shift.
Almost half of the jobs at SCMAC require working the night shift. Determination of shift assignments is at the discretion of management.
- High School Diploma or GED - earned prior to June 10, 2019
- 18 years of age before June 10, 2019
- Valid State of Michigan driver's license - no more than 5 points on record and no restrictions
- Proficient in reading maps and following directions
- Interact well with the public
- Pass physical and drug tests as well as a criminal background check
- Pass the Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development (MDARD) Pesticide Applicator Core test
- A mandatory 12 hour training session held in April
- 8 hours on Friday, 4 hours on Saturday
- This session reviews material for MDARD tests
- Test is administered on Saturday following the completion of the review
- Returning field and biology employees must be 7F certified.