Ph.D, Assistant Professor
Dr. Soulaimane Berkane received his Engineering and M.Sc. degrees in Automatic Control from Ecole Nationale Polytechnique, Algeria, in 2013, and his PhD in Electrical Engineering from the University of Western Ontario, Canada, in December 2017. He held a postdoctoral position at the University of Western Ontario in 2018 and at KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden in 2019. He received the 2017 award of Excellence in Graduate Research at the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Western Ontario. He is currently an assistant professor at the Université du Québec en Outaouais.
Academic CV (updated on 08/2019)
- Hybrid systems: theory & applications
- Formal verification and control
- Constrained control and estimation
- Guidance, navigation and control
- Robot navigation and task planning
- Multi-robot systems coordination
- Cooperative and distributed estimation
Département d'informatique et d’ingénierie
Université du Québec en Outaouais (UQO)
101 rue Saint-Jean Bosco
P.B. 1250, Succursale Hull
Gatineau (Québec), J8X 3X7, Canada
Office: Pavillon Lucien Brault, B-2073
Tel: 819 595-3900, ext 1616
- 08/2019: Joined the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at the Université du Québec en Outaouais as an assistant professor.
- 06/2019: Gave two talks at the European Control Conference in Naples, Italy. The first talk is related to the obstacle avoidance problem via hybrid feedback and the second talk concerns the state estimation of autonomous vehicles.
- 05/2019: Submitted a paper to Automatica on Constrained Stabilization on the n-Sphere (S. Berkane and D. V. Dimarogonas).
- 03/2019: Submitted a paper to IEEE TAC on Obtacle Avoidance via Hybrid Feedback (S. Berkane, A. Bisoffi and D. V. Dimarogonas).
- 03/2019: Our paper, Attitude Estimation with Intermittent Measurements (S. Berkane and A. Tayebi), has been accepted for publication in Automatica.
- 02/2019: Submitted a paper to Automatica on Constrained Attitude Maneuvers on SO(3): Rotation Space Sampling, Planning and Low-Level Control (X. Tan, S. Berkane and D. V. Dimarogonas)
- 11/2018: Gave a talk at the I3S laboratory, University of Nice Sophia Antipolis, Host: Prof. Tarek Hamel.
- 8/2018: Started a postdoc position with Prof. Dimos V. Dimarogonas at KTH Royal Institute of Technology.
- 1/2018: Started a postdoc position with Prof. Abdelhamid Tayebi at UWO.
- 1/2018: Lectured Electrical Measurement and Instrumentation (ECE2208) course at UWO.
- 11/2017: I have successfully defended my Ph.D thesis at UWO. I was honored to have Prof. Andrew R. Teel as my external thesis examiner.