Sanjeev Kumar Karn
I am a third year PhD student at CIS, LMU Munich under supervision of Prof. Hinrich Schütze, working on applications of Deep Learning in Natural Language Processing (NLP). I am sponsored by Siemens Corporate Technology and Smart Data Web, a BMWi funded project. I have obtained my Masters in Informatics from Technical University of Munich under supervision of Prof. Dr. Thomas Runkler and Dr. Ulli Waltinger with the thesis titled "From Information Extraction to Knowledge Graph Construction: A Machine Learning and Statistical Approach on Industrial Data."
Before coming to Germany, I did my bachelor study at Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology, Bhopal, India in Computer Science and Engineering.
My main research interests is deep learning and its applications in natural language understanding. I am particularly more interested in information extraction, text summarization and natural language generation using recurrent neural networks.
- Our paper "News Article Teaser Tweets and How to Generate Them" is accepted to appear in North American Chapter of the Association for Computational Linguistics (NAACL), Minneapolis, USA, June 2019.
- Reviewing papers for NAACL, 2019.
- Jul 15-Oct 05, 2018, Research Internship with Francine Chen and Yan-Ying Chen at FX Palo Alto Laboratory Inc , in Palo Alto, California, USA .
- Sep 25-27, 2017, Attended Google's 2nd Natural Language Processing Summit at Google office in Zurich, Switzerland.
- Aug 29-31, 2016, Participated in Artificial Intelligence Hackathon at Siemens AG Siemens Global Leadership Center at Feldafing and Won the best Demo/Presentation Award for the Twitter Bot project.