Module 3: Encouraging Digital Citizenship
Most school districts have well-defined plans to help students navigate and think about the challenges that they face in the digital sphere. This module focuses more on teacher responsibilities and responses to embedding digital citizenship in classroom activities.
Through participating in this School2Home module, you will have the opportunity to:
- deepen your understanding of digital citizenship and the topics it encompasses (e.g., cyberbullying, Internet safety, etc.).
- explore strategies for supporting your students to grow in responsibility and become upstanding digital citizens (“behave safely, and participate responsibly in our digital world”), by incorporating digital citizenship curriculum into academic lessons.
- understand legal frameworks and your district’s policies regarding digital citizenship.
- examine strategies for responding to incidents.
When you've successfully completed this module, you should be able to:
- explain to students and parents, your district's policies on digital citizenship.
- create and implement classroom activities designed to make your students better digital citizens.