This is a list of Internet resources for Russian learners. I have been collecting these for years now on other pages and in my browser bookmarks. It is time this list had a proper home.
NOTE: on 8 November 2018 these pages were moved to a new site. No further updates will be made here.
Other Russian Resource Lists
- Resources for Learning Russian--Standing question at Russian Language Stack Exchange
- Russian Resources--Topic at A Language Learners' Forum
- For Instructors--Materials and tools for creating lessons
- Duolingo--language drills in many languages including Russian
- ReadyRussian.org--materials for a complete introductory course including textbook, exercises, language generators, flashcards
- Russificate Blog--Blog with exercises, readings with audio, tests, etc. Blog is in Russian.
- Explore Russian--Short articles and videos about learning Russian on the street
- Мультитран--Collaborative Russian-English English-Russian dictionary, particularly useful for translating obscure terms. Knowledge of the target language is required to evaluate the suggestions given.
- Reverso Context--Enter a word or phrase and see how it has been translated in the context of real documents.
- Morphological Dictionary--Enter a word in any form, see all the forms. Site is in Russian. No stress marks.
- How to use Который Correctly--What который is for, how it fits into the sentence, and how to decline it to suit its role in the sentence
- Capitalization (RussianLearn.com)--Short article on how to properly capitalize in Russian
- Склонение числительных--article (in Russian) about how to decline ordinal and cardinal numbers, fractions plus widget for declining cardinal numbers
- At the Restaurant--Phrasebook for ordering in a restaurant