I'm a research scientist on Applied Science team at Pinterest. I completed my Ph.D. in computer science at UCSD under the supervision of Prof. Julian McAuley in 2017. In my research, I focus on building scalable models to handle large scale problems in the area of recommender systems and data mining using various machine learning techniques. (CV update: Oct. 2018) Google Scholar
- 08/2018 Check out my blog post on PinSage, a state-of-the-art technology we built at Pinterest.
- 05/2018 One paper w/ Rex, Kaifeng, Pong, William, and Jure accepted to KDD '18.
- 04/2018 One paper w/ Wang-Cheng and Julian accepted to IJCAI '18 (Sister Conference Best Paper Track).
- 06/2017 One paper w/ Wang-Cheng and Julian accepted to RecSys '17.
- 06/2017 I became a member of WSDM '18 Program Committee.
- 05/2017 I passed my final defense.
- 04/2017 One paper w/ Chenwei and Julian accepted to IJCAI '17.
- 03/2017 One paper w/ Jianguo, Chunbin, Moojin, Yannis, and Steven accepted to VLDB '17.
- 12/2016 I'm now officially a Ph.D. candidate.
- 12/2016 I presented two papers at ICDM '17 in Barcelona.
- 09/2016 I became a member of WWW '17 Program Committee.
- 09/2016 I became a reviewer for IEEE Transactions on Multimedia.
- 09/2016 Two papers w/ Julian and Charles accepted to ICDM '16.
- 07/2016 I presented our paper on sparse hierarchical embeddings at IJCAI in NYC.
- 07/2016 One paper w/ Chen, Zhaowen, and Julian accepted to RecSys '16.
- 06/2016 I'm spending the summer in Seattle as a research intern on Core Machine Learning team at Amazon.
2013 - 2017 Ph.D. Dept. of Computer Science and Engineering, University of California, San Diego (U.S.A.)
2010 - 2013 M.S. (with honors) Dept. of Computer Science and Technology, Tsinghua University (China)
2006 - 2010 B.E. (with honors) Dept. of Software Engineering, Hebei University of Technology (China)
Graph Convolutional Neural Networks for Web-Scale Recommender Systems [ Pdf ]
Rex Ying, Ruining He, Kaifeng Chen, Pong Eksombatchai, William L. Hamilton, Jure Leskovec
ACM SIGKDD Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (SIGKDD '18)
MILC: Inverted List Compression in Memory [ Pdf ]
Jianguo Wang, Chunbin Lin, Ruining He, Moojin Chae, Yannis Papakonstantinou, Steven Swanson
International Conference on Very Large Data Bases (VLDB '17)
Unification of PR Region Floorplanning and Fine-grained Placement for Dynamic Partially Reconfigurable FPGAs
Ruining He, Guoqiang Liang, Yuchun Ma, Yu Wang, Jinian Bian
Journal of Circuits, Systems and Computers (JCSC), 2013
- ACM International Conference on Web Search and Data Mining (WSDM ’19, '18)
- The Web Conference (WWW ’18)
- International World Wide Web Conference (WWW ’17)
- Workshop on ExplainAble Recommendation and Search (SIGIR ’18 Workshop)
- Machine Learning Meets Fashion (KDD ’18, '17 Workshop)
- The ACM CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI ’18)
- IEEE Transactions on Multimedia (MM)