Club Visit Schedule
DEAR CLUB PRESIDENT,
This year I am asking clubs to have TWO visits from the District in Rotary year 2019-20.
FIRST: THE AG VISIT. The first visit should be scheduled for July 2019. This visit will be made by your Assistant Governor. The AG will have a video greeting from the RI President that will be shared with your club on that occasion as well (See Video Below). He or she will also bring the greetings of the District Governor, Introduce the RI Theme for the year, and give out theme pins to the members. Club members should be encouraged to wear their pins to club meetings throughout the year to remind them to find ways that "Rotary Connects the World".
SECOND: THE DISTRICT GOVERNOR VISIT. The Assistant District Governor and the Governor will also visit your club together once during the Rotary year. This club meeting is a great time to have the Governor pin new members, present awards, or meet with City Officials or community partners who you may invite to this special meeting. At that time your AG and I would like to attend a board meeting or at least visit with your board. Perhaps the club meeting nearest to your regular board meeting would potentially work.
BOARD MEETING. During my visit I would like to attend a board meeting or meet with your board before the club meeting. We will review some of the following items on this checklist.
- We will review your club officers and go over your BRAG REPORT to find out what things is your club doing that make you proud? What is working for you? What do you need help with?
- We will review the ROTARY CITATION. Is your club on track to meet the Rotary Citation Goals?
- We will review your goals on CLUB CENTRAL. Are you meeting your goals?
- We will look at your CLUB FUNDRAISING ANALYSIS report and your Foundation Giving and see where you stand.
- We will discuss your club's commitment to youth programs (RYLA, RYE). Are you supporting these programs in some way?
- You can report your Public Image efforts.
- You can share your current membership profile and concerns. We will discuss club engagement. To which committees are your members assigned?
I have provided a press release on this webpage that you can use and share on social media and in the press that can help promote my visit and Rotary in your community.
After the club meeting I would LOVE to take an hour and visit some of your projects or community points of interest. If you or someone in your club has time to take me to one or two of these places I would be delighted to have you share with me. This is OPTIONAL and is certainly not required.
Looking forward to our visit!
Rich Kirkham, DG5400, 2019-20
YOUR AG SHOULD HAVE VISITED YOUR CLUB IN JULY 2019 TO BRING THE GREETINGS OF ROTARY INTERNATIONAL PRESIDENT MARK MALONEY AND THE GREETINGS OF DISTRICT GOVERNOR RICH KIRKHAM, AND SHARE THE 2019-20 THEME "ROTARY CONNECTS THE WORLD". BELOW ARE THE VIDEO RESOURCES FOR YOU TO USE.