RR Chess Challenge
The Rock River Chess Challenge is an unrated chess tournament for students in grades K-12 in the Rock River area. Students are divided into 4 sections and play friendly competition as a way to introduce players to the excitement of competitive chess.
Host schools earn a portion of every registration, making the Rock River Chess Challenge a great way to raise funds for scholastic chess programs!
2018-19 RRCC dates and locations:
- September 29th - CANCELLED (no location could be confirmed)
- December 15th - Marshall Elementary
- February 16th - RESA MS
- April 27th - Flinn MS
If your school/program would like to host, please contact us: RRCC@RockRiverChess.org
The next Rock River Chess Challenge is on Saturday, February 16th, 2019
hosted by RESA Middle School, 1800 Ogilby Rd, Rockford, IL 61102
- Check-In from 7:45 am – 8:45am / New player meeting at 9:15am / First matches start at 9:45 am
- Any player who has not checked-in by 8:45am will be dropped from the competition
- All players play all 5 rounds with an anticipated end time of 3:00pm
- Awards to top players in each section, other awards may be given depending on registrations
- Players must play in their appropriate section, but may "play-up" if they choose. Sections may be divided at TD discretion. Players may not change sections once games have begun.
- Students must be supervised by a parent or coach at all times
- Complete the registration form and mail in (see form below)
- Limited to first 200 registrants
- Pre-Registration (prior to Wednesday before the event) – $15 per player
- ALL late and on-site registrations will be $20
- All registrations are non-refundable
- Send questions to Info@RockRiverChess.org