We’ve transformed Rochdale town centre with a number of new developments, including:
- The new £10.8m Rochdale Leisure Centre.
- Number One Riverside a new award-winning public building which includes a customer service centre, library, coffee shop and offices.
- New travel and Metrolink facilities including a new, state-of-the-art bus station and town centre Metrolink stop.
- Re-opening a stretch of the River Roch in the heart of Rochdale town centre to reveal its historic hidden bridge. This multi-award winning project has boosted heritage, attracted wildlife and reduced the risk of flooding.
- A £2.3m extension Extending Rochdale Pioneers’ Museum.
- The creation of the new £21m Rochdale Sixth Form College rated outstanding in its most recent Ofsted report.
- A £7m refurbishment Hopwood Hall College to create a new salon and restaurant.
- The £20m refurbishment of Rochdale police station.
- The creation of a 3rd platform at Rochdale railway station, boosting journeys from Rochdale to Manchester from 4 to 6 an hour.
- A new St Andrew's Church on Entwisle Road.