I help companies generate breakthrough ideas and commercialize innovation on a global scale through product ideation, validation, and development, business model synthesis, and go-to-market strategies to accelerate time to market and revenue. I believe that great opportunity exists at the intersection of business problems and the application of technology. My passion is taking new technology and working with companies, customers and partners to solve business problems that result in new revenue and products, and I am relentless in doing so. Typically, I work with startups in the early seed to late funding stage however, I have also done extensive work with established companies.
I have over 20 years of experience in the development of award-winning hardware and software products and services for B2B and B2C markets for companies large and small, ranging from General Dynamics, Nortel, GN Netcom and Stratus Technologies, to startups like Fortress Technologies, Dymec, Xanoptix and Net-Hopper Systems. I am experienced in both new product launches and turnarounds of existing product lines, as well as the creation of the product management function within organizations. I have significant expertise in customer understanding, new product innovation, agile product management, user experience design & product management processes and have served in advisory roles with several start-ups including DraftKings, MDX Life Sciences Inc., BioXyTran Inc., Elbee, and Prognosis UK Ltd.
Areas of Expertise
• Product Management
• Implementing Product Management Processes
• Technology Implementations
• Product Lifecycle Management
• Product Roadmaps
• Product Strategies & Product Plans
• Product Ideation & Definition
• New Product Development
• Strategic Marketing/Business Planning
• Brand Management
• Competitive Positioning
• B2B, B2C OEM & CPG Product Marketing Strategies
• Product Messaging and Integrated Marketing Campaigns
• Go-To-Market Plans & Execution
• Product Collateral
• Channel Strategy & Development
• Lead Generation Programs
• Spokesperson to Industry Analysts
• Pricing Strategies
• Business Development
• Strategic Alliances & Partnerships
• High Profile Relationships
• Customer Service and Support
• Manufacturing & Operations
• Team Building / Development
• Fortune 500 & Early-stage Start-Up Experience
• Operations Management
The FAST (Founder Advisor Standard Template) agreement has been used by thousands of entrepreneurs and advisors to establish productive working relationships, trading advice and support for a standardized amount of equity.
It is the agreement that I use when working in an advisory role with start-ups for equity-only compensation. It clearly lays out the roles, expectations and equity compensation based on the maturity stage of the start-up and the performance level of the advisor.
You can download and review the FAST agreement template on the right.
Copyright © 2019 Robert Otto All Rights Reserved.