full community calendar
slaco sisterhoods Tours!
SLACO’s Neighborhoods United for Change has partnered Baden and Tower Grove as SisterHoods! Through Fall 2019, our communities will co-host activities, service-projects, and tours to have fun, get acquainted, and bridge the Delmar divide. Get in on the fun as we #BringBadenBack through neighborhood partnership.
past event highlights
Baden Community Meeting
Residents at the March 2019 meeting learned:
- Neighborhood Safety and simple actions to take--like knowing your neighbors, keeping your home exterior well-lit, and installing inexpensive security systems with integrated cameras.
- Revealing our Humanity is a four-part series between men and women of the police department and the community. No uniforms. No walls. Just real people and real talk.
- Use of Conflict Mediation to both resolve disputes and allow police to attend to more urgent matters. Learn how the CRC mediates.
- Get acquainted with Baden library events & programs like the summer reading club, free camps, and trips to the Magic House.
- Get Homework Help and Public Technology Assistance on weekdays. Call ahead for availability.
- Meet author Marissa Mullen on May 7th when she visits to discuss her book Food in Jars. Stay tuned for more special events!
- Violent crime is down and larceny and burglaries are largely preventable, so stay vigilant in securing home and your possessions.
- Sign up here for the Revealing Our Humanity spring series, or apply for the Citizens Academy --both foster meaningful conversations to build understanding on both sides.
- Be sure you know how to Report Nuisance Properties to improve the neighborhood.
- Attend Community Outreach meetings beginning April 28th, and continue on the fourth Monday of the month at 7 p.m. at the 4014 Union.
- Expect implementation of a 3-phase project to improve safety which upgrades infrastructure, installs cameras, and routes information to the Real Time Crime Center.
- Remember that vacant lots adjacent to your home are eligible for the mow-to-own program, and can include a garden.
- Vote April 2nd in General Municipal Election.
NEXT MEETING: Help brainstorm about the future of 'the wedge' after the demolition of the apartments & medical building.