Rivers & Roads is primarily supported through the tuition paid by its families. In determining our tuition process, we’ve focused on a few important ideas — trust, access, and responsibility. Our culture is rooted in trust. We are committed to developing relationships of trust with students, among the facilitators, and certainly with our families.
Rivers & Roads seeks to be available to people based on right fit, not income level, so we offer tuition fees on a sliding scale. By trusting families to be generous and reasonable we increase our accessibility. As we grow, we try to balance accessibility with sustainability. We are always looking at our tuition process to make sure we’re being responsible to our families and to the future health of the school.
Our flexible approach is also made possible by generous donations from various individuals and organizations. If you would like to make a tax-deductible donation to Rivers & Roads, you can use PayPal.
Here’s how we determine the tuition each family pays:
- Slide the total family income* marker (in the link to our alc network tuition page) around to see what our recommended tuition level is for various income levels. Currently, the minimum tuition recommendation for five days is $3,600 and the maximum is $9,950.
- Consider the recommendation you get from the tuition tool and see if that can work for your family. Can you afford it? Can you pay more? If so, consider offering more than the recommendation, or making a tax deductible donation.
- If your child will be attending Rivers & Roads less than five days a week, please prorate the recommendation from the tuition tool to correlate with the amount of days. (Example: Proposed Tuition from tuition tool - $8900; Number of Days at R&R - 2; Tuition Proposal - $3560)
- Complete the tuition worksheet with the application and we’ll get back to you soon.
- Our Finance Working Group will review the tuition offer. We’ll either accept it, or make a counter offer. We’ll most definitely communicate with you throughout the process!