Who We Are . . .
The Newton-Brookline Cluster is an interfaith group formed under the guidance of the Refugee Immigration Ministry (RIM) to provide a community-based welcome to asylum seekers.
We are currently supporting a Cameroonian woman and her infant daughter, who are living in Brookline in an apartment that we are renting. In order to respect the confidentiality of our clients, we do not share additional details except as needed.
We have exceeded our fundraising goal of $30,000! Thank you to all who have contributed.
- Temple Reyim, Newton -- Rabbi Daniel Berman
- First Baptist Church, Newton -- Pastor Sean Witty
- Temple Beth Zion, Brookline -- Reb Moshe Waldoks and Rabbi Claudia Kreiman
- Grace Episcopal Church, Newton -- Pastor Regina Walton
- Newton Centre Minyan, Newton -- lay led
Our Steering Committee meets regularly and includes people from each of the member congregations. Each steering committee member is responsible for chairing one of our Committees. Each Committee has a dedicated page on this website under the "Committees" tab above right.
Steering Committee Membership
- David Carlen, Temple Reyim, Steering Committee Co-Chair
- Bonnie Glickman, Temple Reyim, Steering Committee Co-Chair
- Shimi Anisfeld, Newton Center Minyan, Acculturation Team, Publicity Team
- David Barbrow, First Baptist Church, Publicity Team
- Anne Benaquist, Grace Episcopal, Education and Employment Team
- Jenny Berz, Temple Beth Zion, Fundraising Team
- Ken Carpenter, Grace Episcopal, Education and Employment Team
- Wendy Sheehan, First Baptist Church, Transportation Team
- Jed Shugerman, Temple Beth Zion, Fundraising Team
- Miriam Tuchman, Temple Reyim, Housing and Furnishings Team
- Eunice Wilson, First Baptist Church, Fundraising Team