WHO WE ARE
The North Shore cluster of Refugee Immigration Ministry (RIM) provides community based support for asylum seekers.
We celebrated this past fall with a wonderful pot luck dinner, the financial independence of our RIM NS family; a Mother, Father, and their 2 children from Africa. The family received Employment Authorization Documents, and both parents (with hard work,and educational opportunities) were able to find full time employment. The Father is working in the financial field, and the Mom in education.
We currently have a new client. We are supporting a man from Africa who is working with a lawyer on his asylum case. RIM North Shore is responsible for raising funds for individuals and families as they await work authorization. This process takes many months. We are responsible for the cost of, and assistance with housing, transportation, utilities, food, laundry, etc. There are many families on a wait list desperate for help.
If you would like to make a donation to help with the cause, please click HERE, or click on DONATE on the top right hand corner.
The North Shore Cluster is supported by volunteers from the following congregations as well as other individuals inspired by this worthwhile mission:
- Congregational Church of Topsfield
- St Rose of Lima - Topsfield & St Agnes - Middleton
- First Congregational Church of Rockport - Rockport
- St. John's Episcopal Church - Beverly Farms
- Union Congregational Church - North Reading
- Trinity Episcopal Church - Topsfield
- Christ Church of Hamilton and Wenham
- St. Peter's Episcopal Church - Beverly
- Second Congregational Church - Boxford
- Temple B'Nai Abraham - Beverly
- Zen Center North Shore - Beverly
Our steering committee meets the first Thursday of the month at 7 pm at The Emerson Center, 9 E. Common Street, Topsfield. You can reach us at email@example.com