My personal journey has been impacted by the following influential people:
Dr. Mark Hyman, his podcasts, and his many insightful books on nutrition.
Dave Asprey, author of The Bulletproof Diet. I drink his brand of coffee daily, and seek out meat, butter and eggs from animals raised on pasture, thanks to the guiding words of Asprey.
Joshua Rosenthal, founder of the Institute for Integrative Nutrition. Where I learned that no single dietary approach works for all people. I learned to be a food detective, to experiment with food, to be open-minded toward all dietary theories.
Books that I highly recommend:
- Eat Fat, Get Thin, by Mark Hyman -- the truth about high quality dietary fats and why your body needs them
- The Bulletproof Diet, by Dave Asprey -- you'll learn why the quality of your food really does matter
- By the Numbers, by Sean Manseau -- his classes taught me much of what I know about how to move in the gym
- The Metabolic Effect Diet, by Jade and Keoni Teta -- how to keep your insulin levels low so that you can finally tap into stored body fat as fuel
- The Blue Zones, by Dan Buettner -- a fun-spirited book about people who live to be 100 years or more, and how