REU Site: Neutrino Astrophysics at the University of Wisconsin-River Falls, 2019
REU Program 2019: This site will be updated periodically until you arrive. Keep checking it for new information.
- Start Date: 6/3/2019 (Plan to arrive some time on this day. There are no formal activities on this day as you get settled.)
- End Date: 8/9/2019
- Apply Here: 2019 REU Online Application, Form. (APPLICATIONS ARE CLOSED)
- Applications open to February 15th 2019.
- Check out our REU and Astrophysics blog here.
Location: University of Wisconsin-River Falls, 410 S. 3rd Street, River Falls, WI 54022, USA.
- Accommodation: In 2018 we had Ames Suites at UWRF, but this may change for 2019. We will send you information on registering for accommodation soon. We pay for this directly to the dorms.
- Travel to UWRF:
- If you will fly we will request further information to book your flights to Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport. You will receive an electronic ticket. You will need some form of recognized picture ID (drivers license or passport) on the day you travel. Someone will meet you at the airport.
- If you will drive to UWRF, then keep track of your miles as we will reimburse you for mileage from most direct route from your home to River Falls. You will need a summer parking pass to park your car on campus lots.
- Getting on Board: On your first day you will have some paperwork to do. You will need to complete a federal I-9 form for employment verification. You can complete it before you arrive but you still need to bring proof (see form) of your eligibility to work in the US.
- BootCamp: 2019 Madison BootCamp in Madison is from June 10th -14th. We usually spend a week in Madison at the IceCube bootcamp. Details and registration information can be found here: Bootcamp 2019
- We'll have a list of projects here some time in mid May.
See here for contact information in case you have any questions.