"The irritating beep of a smoke alarm can be heard, its coming from a room where there's neither fire nor smoke but a TV is playing a movie with a scene of a house on fire.
In that situation when should someone call the fire department?
Disruptive Thoughts Aren't Useful For Anyone
What would it be like if your brain were told "Please immediately not have read the last sentence before reading any further".
You already know that the human brain is much more complex than a smoke detector and is continually sending energy to all parts of the body to make things happen. Energy sent to make an action happen about stuff that already happened or has yet to happen can't be efficiently used and can cause disruptive thoughts, sensations or painful emotions. When that energy is freed up, the events permanently resolve themselves causing immediate and continued improvements in thoughts, feelings and behaviors.
Unlike other forms of talk or exposure therapy which encourage participants to painfully relive past events, PTSD resolution facilitation gently gets things done so you can move on with your life.
Want A Perfect Life?
They only exist in movies and fairy tales. After a PTSD resolution session participants report a sense of lightness and clarity, issues that seemed insurmountable become easier to navigate and most folks get interested in what they'd like to do next in their lives.
- A session is 1.5 to 2.5 hours.
- Often one session is all that is needed.
- I've facilitated folks seeking help with trauma, stress, anger, fear, shame, grief and regret.
- I have a BA in psychology and have trained in "Rapid Resolution Therapy".
- I offer facilitation services as an unlicensed mental health professional.
- I accept check or credit card payment.
- If you are a U.S. Veteran, my services are provided without charge.