Projects & Partners
Goals & Projects
The Refugee Oral History collects the interviews from the refugees who have fled their countries due to war or the fear of political persecution to be displaced in refugee camps or resettled in the urban areas of a third country.
Our current project in Jacksonville, Florida, will be a collection of interviews with refugees from Bhutan, Bosnia, Myanmar, Democratic Republic of Congo, Eritrea, Iraq, South Sudan, and Ukraine. The interviews will cover their experiences before, during, and after resettlement in Jacksonville. This project has been supported by the Florida Humanities Council.
Partners to Date
- Samuel Proctor Oral History Program at University of Florida
- Florida Humanities Council
- Welcoming Gainesville
- World Relief Jacksonville
- Department of Urban & Regional Planning at University of Florida
- Center for Humanities & Public Sphere at University of Florida
- Latin American Studies Center at at University of Florida