Industry Defined Problem
Kindly note that all participants need to carry a valid College/Institute/University ID card.
Scroll down to Register
Industry Defined Problem (IDP) is one of the most anticipated events of Reflux. The Techfest of Dept. of Chemical Engineering NITK. It combines various disciplines in its quest to provide the most industry friendly solution making it a unique event. Problems are provided directly by the leaders of the industry and represent the actual issues faced by the companies. The participants are required to use their technical knowledge of how to come up with innovative and effective solutions fulfilling the conditions set by the industry; these solutions are then analysed by the expert industry professionals. MRPL, OMPL are just some of the industries we have previously collaborated with.
Prizes worth INR 15,000 to be won!
Rules and Regulations
- Participants are requested to bring their own laptops.
- Teams can be of maximum 3 people.
- Participants will NOT be allowed to enter the research labs of NITK.
- Photocopying facility will be available for the registered participants in the Library.
- Do not carry or misplace books and journals in the Library, strict action will be taken against defaulters.
- NITK will not be responsible for the loss of Personal belongings like laptops, mobiles etc.
- No smoking, drinking or chewing tobacco in the campus.
- Keep the campus clean.
- Decision taken by the judges shall be treated as final and binding to all.
- List of participants selected to present their solutions will be updated and these participants will receive a unique Participant ID exclusive for IDP Event.
- The registration fees of those who are not selected will be reimbursed within a week.
- Participants who have duly submitted and presented a solution will only get their participation certificates and only after the closing ceremony.
- Reflux Committee, Engineer 2018, NITK Surathkal reserve the rights to change any of the above rules as they deem fit without any prior intimation.
PRIZE MONEY AND CERTIFICATES
- Winning team gets INR 9,000.
- Runner-Up team gets INR 6,000.
- Participation Certificates will be given to the teams attending the event at NITK.
- Winning team members will be getting additional certificate.
Online registration from September 14 to September 25.
IDP statement will be sent to participating teams via e-mail on September 25.
Last date to send solution abstract is October 01.
List of shortlisted teams will be put up on October 03.
Presentation will be held on October 12 at NITK.